• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stuck on what BBK D2? possibly?

Right guys I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I've been looking at BBK's now for some time but for the life of me I cant decide what seems best value for money. I was very stuck on the Stoptech but now I've seen the D2 6pot 304mm kits.

I need something that will fit under the OEM wheels as I don't want to get new wheels or spacers if I can help it. I know I've read that the 328 stoptech brakes will fit under the OEM wheels just about.

Has anyone had any experience with the D2 brakes? and would the 304 be a bit to small? but would the 330 fit without spacers?

Any input and experience will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I had Stoptech on my last EP3 (you may have read my guide on here) and now have K-sport on my current one (identical to D2)

If you have standard brakes at say a 1, and Stoptechs as say a 10, the D2/Ksport setup is about a 7. It's loads better than standard, won't fade on track and looks the part. It's just not as epic as the Stoptechs.

Depends just how hard you drive it, and how late you brake on track. If you don't want to set lap times, or be right on the edge of braking threshold the D2 kit will be fine. Also give some thought to the Brembo group buy on civictype-r.co.uk - possibly cheaper than the D2 kit.

And whatever kit you buy - go for Ferodo DS2500 pads.

yeah I did see your guide and was very tempted but the 1.7k price range is pretty steep compared to the just over 1k that the D2 is costing, it's mainly for road at the minuet but hopefully it will end up as a track car so i'm trying to do bit by bit.

Will the D2 fit under the OEM wheels? or are spacers required?

I had the D2 330mm 8 pots. They wasn't good if I'm honest. They took ages to get hot and always felt like they were fading. In my opinion they were no better than OEM with decent discs and pads with braided lines.

I got rid after I warpped a disc and it gave horrible feeling through the steering wheel.

Have you looked in to upgrading the calipers, as after the D2''s I went back to 300mm discs with Spoon 4pot mono block calipers, and they were awesome.

yeah I did see your guide and was very tempted but the 1.7k price range is pretty steep compared to the just over 1k that the D2 is costing, it's mainly for road at the minuet but hopefully it will end up as a track car so i'm trying to do bit by bit.

Will the D2 fit under the OEM wheels? or are spacers required?

There's a second hand stoptech kit on one of the Facebook pages now for £800

This guy is selling them

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.a.cavanagh

My D2 fit under OEM wheels, albeit with a spacer. Check my build thread for pics.

I've looked at the buddyclub set and the spoon ones, but the spoon seem expensive just for the calipers, are the stoptech really worth the 1.7k? Or could something like the buddyclub ones ect be sufficient? I've been pretty tempted With the AP with good reviews on them, they are slightly cheaper than the stoptech to

D2 aren't that great in all honesty. There's a reason they're half the price of known brands such as Stoptech, AP etc.

Tom at TGM managed to set a pair of D2 calipers on fire after using them on the road.

That's one of the reasons I was as a bit wary of them because of the price. Any one had any experience with the buddyclub kit? If not I think I'm going to have to just spend the extra and go with stoptech or ap

Currently Just on OEM calipers mtec discs and brembo pads, plus rbp braided lines, I never replaced them with decent stuff at the time because I was after a BBK

Are you going on track? OEM calipers can do a lot with the right pads and extra cooling.

I'd go with Stoptech personally. They're tried and proven many times over on EP3's.

Never scimp on something like brakes IMO

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

I totally agree but sometimes you can over pay for something which you can get the same performance for a lower price, plus with never really having proper experience with any BBK's its always better to check with people who have

Just going back has anyone had any experience with the Buddyclub ones? just curious as ive never seen anyone with them or what there experience background is

Just going back has anyone had any experience with the Buddyclub ones? just curious as ive never seen anyone with them or what there experience background is

Speaking to Stevie @ Grinspeed, possibly the most respected Honda tuner in the UK, his opinion was they aren't all that, same as the DC5 Brembo setup.

Those Stoptechs @ £800 surely make sense right? Best kit at under half price?

Or give me £600 for my K-sport 8 pot kit and I'll go buy the Stoptechs. I'm only in Nottingham. Could even help you fit/bleed them.

Or give me £600 for my K-sport 8 pot kit and I'll go buy the Stoptechs. I'm only in Nottingham. Could even help you fit/bleed them.
I might take you up on that offer. its not going to be a track car for a while yet so I reckon the k sport will do just fine for now drop me a pm with info on them if you want mate or your number will have a chat

Back