• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sub wiring EP3 HELP

Hey guys,

I'm a relatively new member to the site but love it!

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures or could help me with wiring my sub up in my EP3, I've looked everywhere but can't see any easy routes for the cables.

Do lots of panels need to come off or something?

Thanks!

The only panels i took off were the sill covers next to the front seats and the ones in the footwells. they are all held on with fasteners so will pull off easily enough. If i remember correctly i unbolted the seatbelt brackets to feed the cables under the rear quarter panels and into the boot.

I ran the power cable through a grommet in the engine bay into the cabin then down the passengers side sill. The rca and remote cable down the drivers side sill. The earth was connected to a bolt at the back of the rear seat.

Make sure you have an inline fuse fitted on the power cable in the engine bay.

Here is a snap of my sub and amp in the boot. A bit rough but it does the job rather well.

Thanks a lot mate I was thinking those but they look so fitted I didn't think they would come off and thought I better ask incase I broke something :lol:

Mine runs completely hidden away, but my interior was all out for sound deadening at the time so it was easy to do at the time!

Just a tip for you, don't run the power and remote wire together as you will get engine noise coming through the speakers, o ran my power down the passenger side and my remote through the middle of the car.

Here is how my set up looks.
0289bbd77f5aec4b793a04697267fa79.jpg
c60e268356a5f2c5c7c67c36b6f42381.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I managed to run the cables on my first ep3 years ago with all the interior in. Ran the power and prono cable down one side of the car and the speaker wires on the other side. They can just push under the trims if you have the patience

Back