• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suggestions for advisories on MOT

Hi there! This is my first time on here and have on been registered a day so please bare with me!

Had my EP3 CTR serviced and MOTed yesterday and had a few advisories on there:

Front disc lipped and corroded- suggestion to replace for £201.36

Rear discs slightly corroded- suggestion to skim for £144.90

Pressure plate forks worn- heavy clutch- suggestion to replace clutch for £836.39 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm just wondering a) if it is worth replacing the clutch or whether it will still have a bit of a way to go and b) what people would suggest in terms of where to get it done if I need to (main dealers I know are hidiously expensive) and whether to get my rear discs skimmed or just replaced?

Look forward to your responses!!!

MAtt :p

It all looks very expensive to me, I had my front discs and pads supplied and fitted (brembo items) at TGM, and it was cheaper than what they are quoting for skimming your rear discs! :eek:

As Dotty says, if you do end up getting the clutch changed, then get yourself down to TGM in Fleet. They might be a bit on a trek but it's worth it. I travel down from Colchester to go there for servicing... ;)

skim for £144.90:eek::eek:

Skim for that price, what are they skimming them with. Id want brand new discs and pads for less than that.

I bought front and rear mintex discs and pads for £147. Alright i had to fit them myself but that is silly prices.

I believe some have gone over 100k miles before changing. Im on 55k and still all fine

I believe some have gone over 100k miles before changing. Im on 55k and still all fine

61k still fine :D

i just got my car back from mot and its failed on excessive wear on NSF disc, got new pads n disc coming for £80 and fitted for £40 bargain.

on another note how why has 1 side worn away quicker than other?

Back