• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharger

T

trancehead

Hi

I have emailed TDi north (im near Dover but heard they are the best) and am thinking about supercharging..

Just wanted to get a rough idea on what needs to be done and prices i am looking at, also is it worth spending the money or should i save and look at an evo next instead?

Searched on here but can't really find answers to my questions..

At the moment i have Gruppe M and Spoon N1, i will be getting a Spoon mid pipe soon. Next mods im thinking DC Mani (<open to suggestions) and KPRO / K100 so that would be the setup to work from.

What other mods would be required? Do i need to look and upgrading internals or can a charger go straight on?

Another thing to mention is that im looking to get a fast road setup after mapping as well.

Any ideas/advice appreciated :twisted:

Well i am in the same boat as you buddy.

I would stay naturally aspirated and go down the Kpro DC header RBC route then when the time comes buy an Evo. Me personally i think all Type Rs should stay N/A.

Just wanted to get a rough idea on what needs to be done and prices i am looking at JRSC kit you'll be looking at 2k. A rotrex kit will cost you a bit more.

I will be getting a Spoon mid pipe soon. £150

Next mods im thinking DC Mani £200

KPRO / K100 £600-£700 fitted and mapped

What other mods would be required? Do i need to look and upgrading internals or can a charger go straight on? If it's a JRSC running under 8psi, you should be ok on standard internals. If you want something beefier like a Rotrex kit, you may need to consider more work to your engine and a dirty great intercooler.

Another thing to mention is that im looking to get a fast road setup. £250-£300 fitted and set up

Answers in your quote ^^^

Cheers for the response Jermal good answers to all my questions! One more if you can help, as for the fast road setup i am looking at getting Zeta-R Coilovers from Meister on here... Is this worth doing or should i only be looking at springs?

Depends what you really want to do. If you're looking to just lower the car by x amount of mm then go for the springs as they're cheaper. I'm guessing by your shopping list that you intend to get the best out of your car performance wise? In which case I would go for the coilovers, as they will be fully adjustable for both height and stiffness.

By the looks of it, your not shy of a bob or two when it cones to mods, so why don't you go for something a little bit plusher like the Teins?

Depends what you really want to do. If you're looking to just lower the car by x amount of mm then go for the springs as they're cheaper. I'm guessing by your shopping list that you intend to get the best out of your car performance wise? In which case I would go for the coilovers, as they will be fully adjustable for both height and stiffness.

By the looks of it, your not shy of a bob or two when it cones to mods, so why don't you go for something a little bit plusher like the Teins?

Yeh want to get best performance wise not looking just to drop it, if i get the coilovers does this mean that i dont need to bother with the camber bolts or do these still need doing? I do like the idea of getting Teins and in all honestly would probably end up getting them, i was just reading about the MeisteR ones and saw a few people saying they were more suited to UK roads than Teins?

re the s/c your looking upto 1500 to get it fitted too, could possibly be as low as 700 i got quoted. if you want a new one fitted with a warranty double the first estimate.

Blood good point. Stoptech big brake kit minimum for these plans.

100% true, I was just about to say brakes.

Personally I wouldn't bother, you're looking at 5k upwards for the build plus insurance and travling to TDI etc. I say SC leave it. Mani, zorst, Kpro etc yes. If I had 5k spare I'd either put it towards another car or go on a bender ;)

Yeh looking at the prices has made it a bit more realistic! Thanks for all the input im going to concentrate on the other mods and just put the cash towards an evo i think.
Just been looking at the Tein coilovers, is it worth getting the top mounts as well or will the standard ones be ok?

Back