• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

suspension and chassis bracing

hello everyone, just got a quick one. i recently bought 4 new prada spec 2 tyres all round on my facelift type r and think there great tyres but they seem to be quite twitchy on the back. so im going to look into getting some springs and what i need to sort this out. i use to have a dc2 96 spec and that handled so well mainly because of the lsd i think and havent got a lot of confidence in the civic.

so real questions are, what suspension springs can i get that give me around a 35mm drop and what chassis bracing is recomended? it is currently standard setup and does not get used on track so dont really think i need coilovers as use the car everyday and i do want some comfort. but need to get a fast road setup but want to buy all i need before getting this done.

any input would be great. sorry about such a long speech!!!

The rear JDM ARB is 3mm thicker and tightens up the rear nicely. Not too expensive either, circa £100. Check out the Traders section, James @ Touge can supply them.

Hi mate, get FRSU IMO.

I have eibach 35mm springs, happy with them, just can't wait to get FRSU(Fast road set up).

Also, JDM rear ARB will be lovely.

thanks for the replys guys. i thought the eibach springs only lowered it 25mm though?

ABP's own brand springs drop 35mm IIRC and seem to be liked. Throw in the FRSU and JDM ARB and you should have a bit more confidence.

yeah i think that will be the best way as ive heard good things about those springs and also very good on price rather than spend loads on coilovers when i dont actully need them.

JDM rear anti roll bar can be ordered direct from honda with the 2 bushes for £80.

I currently only have the same tyres and a rear jdm arb. All feels fine and handles real well imo.

ABP have now developed a 35mm spring kit in conjunction with Eibach. I think they are still labelled Eibach and are the same price as ABP's own springs. See CTRO for more information. That'll be the set I'd go for.

FRSU makes things much better too.....feels much more planted since I had that done on OEM suspension.

Alright darrenk, if you are wanting some lowering springs i have some 2nd hand abp springs which lower 35mm all round they are great springs and comfortable, they have only cobvered 4500 miles if you are interested i will sell them to you for 100.00. only reason i am not using them is i moved up to coilies.

let me know

regards jacob

cool cool well i know what im going to get now when i get some money together as seems like the rear arb and springs sounds like a good start with FRSU. i would have the springs off you mate but after four new tyres, brakes and tax i am skint but thanks for the offer. thanks for all the help.

Back