• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

T.G's Purple Pearl FD2.

It looks more purple on internet pictures but a black with purple tinge

p1.jpg

Better pictures do this car justice, bloody lovely in that colour.

Yeah, iv'e asked Darren for some more but don't know whether he will manage to get, the ones i got first from his man in Japan are really dark due to the weather.

In the meantime thanks to Mark i love the one he posted and made it the screen saver on my mac LOL ;)

T.G.

In the meantime i've been busy ordering a few bits for it oil filter/magnetic oil plug set/SMD LED'S/filter removal tool and last but not finished yet a purple pearl touch up paint so i can see the real colour ;)

T.G.

I reckon a carbon grille would set the front off very nicely, espeically if there were a few other carbon touches.

Had mine painted.

I belive it was berlina black though. I think that's the match for the other black parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really jealous! Looks incredible. About halfway through my cosmic journey, then I shall seriously start looking.

About time i updated this ;)
October.
Here's the FD2 @ TorqueGT waiting for me :)

11111604_861746947213409_1328950793856498105_o by ron good, on Flickr

September.
Finally i picked the car up from TorqueGT and stopped for a coffee break -

IMG_0269 by ron good, on Flickr

October.

Got the FD2 home safe n sound and gave it the first wash n polish with the famous Naviwax :)

IMG_0286 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0285 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0283 by ron good, on Flickr

November.
First impressions a joy to drive after the DC5, much more planted straight out of the box but after a while the rear damping was to hard so went for the Koni dampers, had them fitted @ TGM ;) Softest setting and it's a joy to drive :)

IMG_0301 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0314 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0315 by ron good, on Flickr

Got some Type R stickers on -

IMG_0324 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0323 by ron good, on Flickr

December.

Car is off the road for the winter tucked up in the garage connected to the Ctec charger.

IMG_0328 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0327 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0326 by ron good, on Flickr

IMG_0329 by ron good, on Flickr

Using my Toyota 1.3SR Yaris for now :(

Waiting for spring.......

T.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks fantastic fella. I was down Tgm a couple or so days after you had the dampers fitted,because Tom mentioned a purple fd2 which even he had never seen before. Looks epic in that colour. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic fella. I was down Tgm a couple or so days after you had the dampers fitted,because Tom mentioned a purple fd2 which even he had never seen before. Looks epic in that colour. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, iv'e never even seen another FD2 apart from the ones @ TGM.
I'm loving the rarity of them and also as far as i know mine in that colour is the only one in the UK
icon_wink2.gif

Lovely colour.

Damn these FD2's are seriously growing on me!

LOL, they do that ;)

T.G.

Been searching for a while now and found one
wink.png
I love the 1:18 models and have all the Autoart DC5's but finding an 1:18 FD2 has been a bit of a faff.
This one is from a new company Onemodel made in resin, the finish is superb, came from Hong Kong very fast, was pricey but i collect them and had to have it
wink.png
It was on fleabay but i negotiated a back door payment and they reduced the price also put a very much lower shipping price so no duty
smile.png

P1010033 by ron good, on Flickr

P1010034 by ron good, on Flickr

P1010035 by ron good, on Flickr

P1010036 by ron good, on Flickr

P1010037 by ron good, on Flickr

P1010038 by ron good, on Flickr

P1010039 by ron good, on Flickr

Just wished someone made a purple pearl one in 1:18 they do a 1:43 but it's so small
sad.png

T.G.

Back