• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tanabe ARB

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, i recently purchased a Tanabe rear ARB as the only JDM ARB i could find was on Ebay for 207 quid delivered to my address which seemed a lot.

So i went for the Tanabe which cost me 140 quid, and am sure I can find some good use for the 60 quid difference.

Has anyone had any experiences with this ARB? its also 22mm diameter which i believe is what the JDM ARB is.

I have the front strut bar also installed and have to say it is pretty good, made my front end stiffer.

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Also I am new to this site, and have to say for the past month or so I have been logging on religiously and reading all the forums and gaining a lot of insight and very useful information on the EP3 type R.

Would like to thank all you guys, who make this site such an informative and entertaining read.

cheers. :)

I'd be interested in hearing any feedback on the Tanabe ARB's as a comparison to the JDM's aswell :) If there's anyone out there that has had some experience or can recommend one or the other that would be handy..

Tanabe

Already ordered mine, should be here in a couple of weeks so once installed i ll give a review.

The diameter is exactly like the JDM so i expect it would have the same attributes hopefully.

Cheaper and already comes in red too ;)

Anyone already have it installed????

Is the JDM ARB one hollow ? I have a JDM one and looking to upgrade for a solid ARB

If Tanabe is the same size as JDM but solid there will be an improvement over the JDM one.

Yeah i contacted them a couple of times but no response, so not too impressed by them but I would think both ARB'S should work the same.

Still haven't recieved mine yet....so still waiting

so there is no upgrade available from a JDM ARB. Looking to upgrade as i have started off with a JDM EP3

Actually there is an upgrade, but it will make your chassis really stiff and really its only for track use....Look up Hotchkis sway bar, you can find this on ebay.

The diameter is 27mm if am not mistaken

theres a good chance it might, like all mods you have to take into account the stress it might cause on original parts.

in that case will probably stick to the stock JDM ARB.

its such a huge increase and i can imagine the damage it will cause.
have seen it happen on another car.

Back