• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tappets!

Danger200

hi people i dont know if i have posted this in the right section.

i have had my EP3 for like 3 weeks now and now theres a noise that sounds like tappets coming from the engine, that gets louder when the revs build. im not going to lie i have had some spirited :twisted: driving experiences in it and this sound werent there when i first got it, i make sure all the levels are topped up and kept at the right levels so im a bit worried now, is this normal and something that i didnt notice before or should i get it checked?

Cheers for your help

The tappets need to be adjusted manually so may have been missed on the last major service....

cheers neily, i plan on getting the major service with 'box oil replaced etc, so should i say something to the dealership?
first time ive had a car serviced lol

It's part of a major service so if that's what they're doing then they'll do it anyway but ask them anyway and tell them you're not sure if it was done at the last major service so you'd like it checked.

Back