• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi North K24 engine Program

RPM

Approved Trader
We have successfully transplanted the K24 engine into our CTR, the engine is standard except for a Hondata K Pro, AEM CAI, Toda 4-2-1 and Toda cat back.
We decided we had taken the K20 as far as we could with various cam combinations, stroker kit, ITB’s, forced induction, etc.
We chose the simple mods at first to give us a comparison against the K20 engine and also this will be the type of set-up most people will go with.
We plan to fully develop this engine in N/A and forced induction form, TDi has already worked with a K24 with the JR super-charger. :twisted:

Oh Lordy!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This I have to see!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hi Paul,

Sounds interesting mate. Is the issue with the bolts on the K20 head not lining up with those of the K24 block wasy to overcome? I heard that new bolts had to be used, or the block needed drilling or something along those lines.

Keep up the good work.

I read on another forum that you are already making more toprque than the 9psi jackson cars with IPS cams!!!!!!!! :lol:

What would be the max RPM on the K24?

Without a Supercharger but with upgraded internals (gotta love N/A :wink: ) what kind of output can you expect?

How would Mr Insurance view this? :(

Scousefella said:
What about a stroker kit on the 2.4??? :lol: :twisted:

Very possible 8)

Wouldn't be cheap though. The compression will be slightly slower due to the larger capacity so at the revs we all like to see :wink: the internals are going to have to be very light and very strong. That comes at a cost :shock:

CTR said:
Scousefella said:

Very possible 8)

Wouldn't be cheap though. The compression will be slightly slower due to the larger capacity so at the revs we all like to see :wink: the internals are going to have to be very light and very strong. That comes at a cost :shock:

Imagine the grunt from a 2.6 litre 4 pot!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was considering a 2.6 from a k24 block next year. Going to use the existing block and settle for a 2.3 stroker :D Looking at this it should be interesting seeing the results :twisted:

tp said:
Rev wise its running at about 7800 but pulling 180ft/lbs from very very low revs. :twisted: torque then increases all the way then starts to tail off after about 6500. This is all on a std block. A built engine would rev to 9000. :wink:

Scousefella said:
CTR said:
Scousefella said:

Very possible 8)

Imagine the grunt from a 2.6 litre 4 pot!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

There is now a couple of K26's in the states running around, but from what I hear even in it's most basic form this K24/K20 combo is a bit of a monster 8) 8) 8)

Back