• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi North's 2010 Time Attack Challenger

Found this pic of Dave on 2 wheels i think at Druids corner.:twisted:

4552044595_084e12fa7d_o.jpg

Cheers Julian - 2 Wheels on my wagon!

I was having a chat with Dave this afternoon regarding the handling - this confirms what we thought! Its all right cocking a rear, but thats ridiculous.

Seano

Great find Julian, that's an awesome picture. God i'll need wings at knockhill coming up over the crest of the hill there!!

Dave T.

Yeah i think you will!

Knockhill looks a bit:eek: throw it in blind and see what happens.:lol:

Check this little Fiat at Old Hall, now this IS 2 wheel action!:eek::p

[video=youtube;M2ZbmQVTjHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2ZbmQVTjHw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jesus that was quality. Seano would have had a heart attack if he'd seem me do that one!!! lol What a save/recovery that was, top stuff.

haha i know mate not sure how he saved that!:eek:

Think i would have had a heart attack if i was driving it!:lol:

Weather looks good for Sat & Sunday, sunny on sat and sun/cloud on Sunday 14 degrees.

Thank god its not given rain, wouldn't fancy camping or driving Knockhill on semi slicks.:eek::p

I see its now heavy rain for Sunday.

With no windscreen wipers or fan Dave could be in for an interesting time. I've just invested twenty quid in rainX products.

Julian - I've just booked us into the Pifiranne Hotel, if you want to sack the camping (we have). Reasonably cheap and about 7 miles away.

Seano

Rain!:eek::(

Cheers Sean i think if it looks bad i will be booking in aswell!:)

Gutted about that i t gave out really good weather a few days ago!:mad::evil:

Think I will take a set of T1R's too - they might well be better than R888's if there is standing water. Most of the populat hotels are booked up, I paid £35 for singles but I think I got the last two. We're taking a marquee thing too which you might be able to mostly get your car under. Hotel no is 01383736132

Seano

Hotel is fully booked:(

Will have to chance camping or worse case scenario sleep in car.

R888's will be fun in the wet! I think you are wise to take T1R's mate.

If there is any chance of sharing that marquee with you mate that would be fantastic rather than being out in the rain, even if it just gets part of the car covered.:cool:

I will see you all down there tomorrow afternoon.:)

No Probs Julian. We should be up there mid afternoon, might go out for sesh depending on the weather. Dave knows the track, but it would be nice to for him to get some more tracktime in this car. Lowered her a bit today, but I'm a bit baffled by the AST settings. Either theres something wrong or we may have run them fully soft at Oulton, which might explain why the nose was diving under braking! I didn't have time to have the car set-up by Curtis back in December, I just had them thrown on before driving back in the snow! I thought I had asked for 1/2 way settings but when I turned the adjusters tonight they're either fully hard or soft.

Seano

Phew that was a tough un.

Thorpy managed to bag a 2nd place and we slew the Beast from Ellesmere Port that stuffed us at Oulton. Unfortunately Marco Haig showed us the way home on his local track with an extraordinarly physical drive - check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwFcP9wxMB0

The view from Marco's 450 BHP "Icecream Van" (Fiat turbo Coupe 450BHP).

He managed a time of 57.5 Spirit managed a 58.2 and the Bo's Astra VXR did 58.9 Luckily the weather held off - it started raining just as we finished strapping her back down on the trailer.

Julian had a tough weekend, a couple of the JRSC mounting bolts failed after two sessions. Knockhill is very hard on a car (watch the video and you will see what I mean) - last year we sheared one of our charger bolts.

Neil from TDi North tried to help but it wasn't really possible to remove the Jackson and get the bolts out without the workshop equipment. Obviously to have carried on would have been risking more breaking and the possibility muck getting the engine and so Julian wisely decided to play safe. A great shame as he had got down to an excellent 60.5 on his first visit to the place.

We now have an idea what the problem is with the brakes which gave Thorpy a bit of a nightmare all day. Actually that wasn't the only thing that gave him a nasty shock. Halfway through the qualifying session, the interior mirror flew off its clip hit him on the head, bounced off the passenger seat and went on the floor. He flew into the pits wildly gesticulating at the floor. It took us a few seconds to understand why he was pointing at the fire extinguisher!

Oh well, a few weeks off now to fix the brakes and give him some serious power. I remember being a bit ****ed off with a comment that I overheard from a marshall at Oulton last year "TimeAttack - its just a glorified track day" - hopefully Marco's vid will give you a better informed idea. There was a nice crowd at Knockhill - the circuit staff reckoned that the Time Attack package had attracted a bigger crowd than the BTCC. The pro class cars are dramatic and were almost 4 seconds a lap quicker than the touring cars. I reckon if Spirit was on slicks she'd give them a good run for the money too!

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Knockhill is very tough on cars, lots of bouncing over that blind crest.

I was a bit gutted i broke it but the hardest part was seeing all the cars going out for qualifying with mine stuck on the trailor.:(:evil:

Hopefully thats my bit of bad luck out of the way and i can complete the next 3 rounds finger crossed.

Well done on beating that vxr though!:cool:

Here is a quick vid of me following Dave in the 1st session trying to learn the track.

[video=youtube;58CKdchdYMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58CKdchdYMA[/video]

Back