• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi North's 2010 Time Attack Challenger

Nick it was coming into Mclaren from Surtees just hit the brakes and at 1st i thought it was me turning in on the brakes that snapped the back end out it went so fast almost like hitting ice.

Turned out the crx had just laid an oil slick and i was 1st one round, quite scary at 90mph with Buddyclub just a couple of car lengths behind me.

I remember looking in my side mirrors and seeing Paul completely sideways having yanked his handbrake on to try and avoid me and spinning towards my back end and i braced for the impact which i thought was for sure coming but he span past my back end by a few inches straight past me!:eek:

I had my camera on but it didn;t record the incident! Will have to wait for the Mini boys footage.

I don't think i've ever been so scared then so relieved at the same time!:eek::lol:

Well time for a little update - as I suspected, it was bad.. very bad. New Darton liners, cosworth pistons, rods, shells and head and indeed there wasn't a drink in the change.

I've got the engine back from Ian@Clockwise, looks like he and Hailey have done a cracking job. Oil pressure comes up and there's good, even compression on all cylinders. Meanwhile we are re-doing all of the hydraulics and that naughty man from TTS has upped the output from the ROTREX by about 11%. We've changed back to a high compression spec (about 11:1) rather than the low compression we ran this year - we only had about 390BHP. We have also done some suspension work moving out the track and fitting RCA's which should help us to get around 3.5 degrees camber on. If TimeAttack stays with Toyo in 2011 I'd like to swap from 225/45/17 to 235/40/17 and hopefully the package will greatly improve turn in and reduce front end washout on the slower corner exits.

Dave, Paul and I are pretty committed to wresting Honour back FWD to Honda for 2011 - no more farting about. Still a fair amount of work to do but we are on target to get the car out for testing late February/early March. I'd like to get the engine run in this year and swap the RC 750's to Siemens 850's in January before a serious tune.

There's probably going to be 7 rounds of TimeAttack next year (one will be a double header). Dave and I want to TotB as well and I hope to have the car back on road and at events like JAE for a giggle.

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear it's coming along nicely mate!:cool:

7 rounds sounds good, maybe they will be going back to Donington again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chatting with Dave about this the other night - either Donny or Silverstone would suit the car well - basically the less slow corners and the more fast corners the better. I'm not sure how the double header format is going to work.

Personally I hope its done over a single day by having less demo laps and nonsense. Without running the warmup and first session twice, I reckon you could just about get it all in. I think we're going to need a extra churn of VPOWER to get through that lot.

Meanwhile he's on diet and in training.

Seano

Back