• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Just put on my tegiwa 4-2-1 this weekend and it's great apart from a slight tinny/whistle noise it has. It has no leaks on any joints or any holes or cracks. It just sounds like it's from inside the pipes. Is this normal??

My DCRH whistles aswell. It's normal I think, indeed it comes from like inside the manifold itself. Remember the cat is gone, so less sound gets filtered.

You put the oem 4-2 & 2-1 back on.

Or find a test centre who will fiddle the test for a backhander

Yea, when my mini gets mot'd they put the probe in another car by accident :lol:

My DCRH whistles aswell. It's normal I think, indeed it comes from like inside the manifold itself. Remember the cat is gone, so less sound gets filtered.

Ah well that's ok. I thought their might of been something wrong inside and didn't want the hassle of taking it off and sending it back.

I'll worrie about the MOT when I comes up in march. I know the MOT fella so that helps.

Just put on my tegiwa 4-2-1 this weekend and it's great apart from a slight tinny/whistle noise it has. It has no leaks on any joints or any holes or cracks. It just sounds like it's from inside the pipes. Is this normal??

I wonder, you got any performance increase? Probably yes, thing is, when I decided to fit a race header, I left the tegiwa where it was as pipes seemed unequal lenght on the pictures. Any comments on that?
Used an O2 sim?

TBH I have notice a massive difference. I didn't think it would make much difference before I get it mapped but it has. It pulls harder in vtec and picks up better between 4500 to 6000. Just ordered an tegiwa gruppe m replica induction kit so that should also help.

All the pipes are exactly the same length on mine. I'm very pleased for the price of it

I used a L shaped adapter and done over 500 miles with no engine light as yet.

TBH I have notice a massive difference. I didn't think it would make much difference before I get it mapped but it has. It pulls harder in vtec and picks up better between 4500 to 6000. Just ordered an tegiwa gruppe m replica induction kit so that should also help.

All the pipes are exactly the same length on mine. I'm very pleased for the price of it

Where did you pick the L shaped adapter from?

Got it off eBay. Been looking for a while and one popped so bought it right away. Their was loads without the L shape on but I wasn't convinced. Theirs no way the light can come on with this L shape. It has a tiny hole in it and the sensor is a long way off the exhaust.

1) yes it's indeed power providing, unlike many claim it'll make your car run like crap without remap
2) Okay, it was optical illusion then, don't have any pics yourself by accident?
3) L-shape is the way to go, I got a I shape for free, so I used it. Had to cut the heatshield a little though

It did look like it was uneven so I measured it all and all good. The old manifold looked useless compared to the new one. Thin pipes and nipped in so it fits in the one.

I have one picture but I'll lean under the car at dinner and take a picture of the L piece.

f47965c7.jpg

It did look like it was uneven so I measured it all and all good. The old manifold looked useless compared to the new one. Thin pipes and nipped in so it fits in the one.

You don't have to tell me :)

Here's mine:

And actually, the tegiwa looks so much better than I expected. Great photo!
And, you have 3 O2 bunges, great for putting up a wideband O2 sensor.

Looks nice that manifold. I have a picture of the L shape in it's packet

d6c05fa2.jpg

What's a wide band 02 sensor?

I wouldn't mind trying an L shaped adapter. I have a straight extension which work pretty well but from time to time I get the light on. Had a quick look on eBay and didn't find one.

You guys that have bought the TODA replica header; You've all got JDM front ARB's and uprated engine mounts havn't you ??

It look a lot of finding that L shape adapter. It came from Canada.

Suits. I have the jdm FARB but no engine mounts as yet. Any ideas on the engine mounts?

You guys that have bought the TODA replica header; You've all got JDM front ARB's and uprated engine mounts havn't you ??

I hope to god they have engine mount inserts at least, otherwise they run the risk of cracking that stupidly expensive manifold..... :p:p

Back