• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa and hydrolocking

Just a quick question, Is there any danger of your engine being hydrolocked with a Tegiwa intake installed? I was pulling off the motor way the other day when it was hammering it down and the front of my CTR got completely owned by a lorry hitting a puddle on the side of the motorway was like a tsunami. With a Tegiwa fitted would that just suck all the water in? Or would the drain off hole deal with it?

It's simple displacement really. If the water is going in faster than it can drain out, there is a risk of a back log that will then get sucked into the filter. Probably better off avoiding Tegiwa all together really.

unless your underwater (and by tegiwa you mean the gruppe m replica) I cant see it being an issue. My gruppe m has been through some of the worst weather ive ever seen and not a problem. Although it does say to put it to a closed position when driving in rain and cleaning the car. Never figured out what it meant though

^^^ This. IIRC the filter is around an inch above the bottom of the body, so it can hold quite a bit of water before it gets to the filter, also its draining all the time.

I went through car washes and rain with no problems with my Teg M.

Back