• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa EP3 Brake Stopper Fitting Guide

Lottie

The Duchess
Tools required:
6mm Allen Key
13mm Spanner
10mm Socket
1.jpg

Tegiwa Brake Stopper Kit:
11.jpg

Locate the two bolts which need removing (highlighted by the red arrows).
2.jpg

3.jpg

Using the 10mm socket remove both bolts:
4.jpg

5.jpg

Insert the Tegiwa metal plate underneath the OEM plate and insert the two bolts.
6.jpg

Tighten using the 10mm socket.
7.jpg

Take the long bolt and screw on one of the nuts until it is about 1/3 from the top.
Insert the long bolt though the hole on the Tegiwa plate.
Screw on the remaining nut at the back.
Push the bolt through so it is just touching the Brake Cylinder.
9.jpg

Insert the allen key in the end of the bolt and tighten the two nuts against the Tegiwa plate using the Spanner.
8.jpg

Job done.
12.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add my thank you too. I have not purchased the item but the guide makes the fitting easy enough. :)

May I ask - does the big bolt that rests on the brake cylinder stop it (the cylinder that is) from moving or is just a guide? How has the braking feel changed? More solid with more feel or less spongy?

could somebody explain to me what this thing is actually supposed to do, but more importantly how?

looks a pain in the ass to fit with the limited amount of space where its located, or is it fairy easy?

i will be fitting mine this weekend, should be easy enough now you have posted this tremendous guide:D

Noticed a lot of difference with this stopper? I'm intrigued...

In what respect?

I'll add my thank you too. I have not purchased the item but the guide makes the fitting easy enough. :)

May I ask - does the big bolt that rests on the brake cylinder stop it (the cylinder that is) from moving or is just a guide? How has the braking feel changed? More solid with more feel or less spongy?

The bolt stops the cylinder moving as you have said, well reduces it anyway. The theory is the pedal should feel more solid.

could somebody explain to me what this thing is actually supposed to do, but more importantly how?

As above it stops the brake cylinder moving so you get a more solid pedal feel.

looks a pain in the ass to fit with the limited amount of space where its located, or is it fairy easy?

It wasnt hard more fiddly, if you can get somebody to help you hold the plate in place whilst inserting the bolts its a real help.

i will be fitting mine this weekend, should be easy enough now you have posted this tremendous guide:D

Glad to be of help :D

Well just that really, difference. Improved braking performance, pedal feel, response etc..

Cheers

i have fitted one of these and it is incredibly fiddly lol. the difference in pedal fell it noticable straight away. i noticed this way more than when i fitted braided hoses and new fluid on my old ep3, pedal feels instantly firmer, like driving a new car. i wil be getting braided hoses again though and can't wait to see how this set up feels with the ferrodo pads.

i have fitted one of these and it is incredibly fiddly lol. the difference in pedal fell it noticable straight away. i noticed this way more than when i fitted braided hoses and new fluid on my old ep3, pedal feels instantly firmer, like driving a new car. i wil be getting braided hoses again though and can't wait to see how this set up feels with the ferrodo pads.

2 pairs of hands was a big help :D

Not got a ctr BMC stopper yet but have used one before on a 200sx.

The main purpose of them is to stop baulkhead flex. As you push the brake pedal the baulkhead flex's meaning you have to push the pedal harder, which gives a spongy pedal feel.

With the BMC stopper preventing the flex the pedal will feel less spongy and more responsive as it will have less distance to travel.

For the price its well worth it.

Back