• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tegiwa kit

i bought a tegiwa Gruppe-M copy

my reasoning for doing it:

I wanted a gruppe-m, but at the time...the word was that these tegiwa copies were going to be coming onto the market at a bargain price. but as ever, the general population of the forums was skeptical about the supposed gains, and tegiwa were too lazy to test them out themselves and put up dyno graphs to show the gains.

i bit the bullet and bought one of the first batch of the copies...didn't come with any of the hoses or anything (i had an SFS) and when i called him, they said i had to buy them seperately...i was like ehhh so you're selling stuff that doesn't fit properly then? whats the point?

then i bargained him down on the £15 he was wanting to charge for the breather hose that i needed and got it for like £6 delivered.

i've not been disappointed with the kit tbh...i made 212bhp with no other mods, then 232bhp with a KPro "RSX-Coldair2" supplied map

someone had to try it out, and i don't regret buying it

hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also gained 12 bhp but this was with the tegiwa kit and tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold. Brilliant sound from the tegiwa induction. £330 well spent if you ask me.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

There's a lad on CTRO selling replacement rubber top pieces, or well there used to be anyway.

Look on my old GM one here, you'll see what we mean.

SV400444.jpg
SO I TAKE IT THATS YOUR GRUPPE M? so how is that better than the tegiwa? as it looks near as damnit the same!
im getting the tegiwa..... end of story.

GTFO Dean.

These reputed 12 bhp gains from intakes, I am assuming a run was done prior to fitting and another post? If not, stick these numbers up your pipe and smoke it.

SO I TAKE IT THATS YOUR GRUPPE M? so how is that better than the tegiwa? as it looks near as damnit the same!
im getting the tegiwa..... end of story.

Yes, that is my Gruppe 'M. Real one.

The carbon this thicker and of better quality, the fixings are better, the associated parts are better and are better quality.

It's also sold as a complete kit, you don't need anything else.

So yeah, it is better.

i understand that the Gruppe M is better but far too expensive for me. Im tempted by the Tegiwa but what exactly isnt included if i was to buy one. Its £330 yeah, is that not for everything??

i understand that the Gruppe M is better but far too expensive for me. Im tempted by the Tegiwa but what exactly isnt included if i was to buy one. Its £330 yeah, is that not for everything??

Well, I don't know now for sure now, as they may have amended the package, but there were a few bits not necessarily part of the airbox that were missing.

Could have been the scuttle, heatshield or something like that anyway.

thats crap, if im buying the package i would expect everything i need to be in it. Might just keep my eye out for a second hand Gruppe M as apposed to a new tegiwa

Might just keep my eye out for a second hand Gruppe M as apposed to a new tegiwa

That's what I would do if I was doing it again.

Although you may feel different, have a look at a Tegiwa kit then if you can look at a GM, then make up your own mind.

For me there is no doubting that the GM is a better Kit, just couldnt justify paying the new price for the amount of gains id get. Do you know if the Tegiwa gains match the GM's?

ive have the AEM CIA but the previous owner cut it short so it just suffers from the heatsoak that the V2 does, although it has the heatshield cover on it sounds amazing but i feel no gains whatsoever. if anything it feels slower!

Back