• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Knobs - Any good?

I love the standard alu knob but it's so bloody cold in winter. Are the duracon knobs any good?

As above, the skunk2 billet knob is excellent, i've had 2! But if it's a non metallic one you're after, then I currently have a Spoon Duracon knob and can really recommend it. It's obviously a hell of a lot lighter than the skunk2 but it still has a brilliant feel to it IMO

Don't get me wrong chaps, I have perved over the holy skunk grail. But what is it made of?

I thought tegiwa would be good cos it wouldn't be freezing cold in the winter!

Winter is a long way off tbh. Man up or get a sock :p

Skunk2 is 440g I believe, so a lot beefier than OEM, billet.

Yup, the skunk2 is billet steel. Nice and meaty. As I said, a spoon or tegiwa duracon isn't really a bad thing IMO

Thanks Chaps!

I do need to man up! I had a Transformers sweat band round my knob, until I realised it looked better on my brake fluid cap!

I had a Transformers sweat band round my knob

haters_gonna_hate.png

I prefer duracon (white rather than black) to most metal gear knobs. Some of the Ti ones are nice but stupid money.

Re: The buddyclub duracon. I like the look of the Black one.

Does anyone use one? If so does it have the brand name on the top? or does it have a small gear-map diagram? I've seen conflicting pictures on tinterweb.

By the looks of it, you get stickers with it

buddy20club20knob20a.jpg

Although I think DC5STU is your man, he has one if I recall correctly :)

Ah!

So if the stickers are optional, it might be a good idea to leave them off.

Might even put the Mrs off driving it!!

Iirc yeh you get gear stickers but I havent put any on mine it's just a plain White ball.

Just replaced my gear knob with a Tegiwa Alloy version and Tegiwa short shift kit... looks, feels great combined with the short shift plate.... I also replaced the gear linkage bushes in the engine bay with the alloy ones and everything feels and works alot better! Well worth the money! :)

Back