• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

I've been asking around and these are the two induction kits most people recommend, neither are cheap so I wondered if anyone could offer any wisdom regarding these options or even suggest something else? I love the sound of noisy induction and of course I'd like to see some gains :). I've heard the AEM can suck in water and that the Tegiwa is a bit of a gimmick, is this true?

AEM V2 sits in the engine bay, AEM Cai sits in the arch. You don't need to worry about Water.

I've had AEM, and the Tegiwa.
They both sound great. Both add power.

I would go for the AEM, however, the engine bay looks rank.

I've been asking around and these are the two induction kits most people recommend, neither are cheap so I wondered if anyone could offer any wisdom regarding these options or even suggest something else? I love the sound of noisy induction and of course I'd like to see some gains :). I've heard the AEM can suck in water and that the Tegiwa is a bit of a gimmick, is this true?

I have the AEM Cai and it sounds amazing, not sure how much the Tegiwa costs but the AEM is relatively cheap for induction. It doesn't suck in water either unless you go through a puddle that is a couple of feet deep. Its a bit fiddley to fit but took me a couple of hours when i didn't have that much car knowledge.

I have got a Aem v2 on mine and it sounds nice till the hits the power and I think it sounds horrid.

Judging from YouTube all three sound similar, although I do think the Cai has that extra little something!

After shopping around I've almost gone off the idea of spending £200+ on an induction kit. Are they any kits that people recommend that sound good and cost less? Ideally I'd like to maximise gains but it's not vital.

Most of the in arch long arm CAI's aren't too expensive. You've got to shell out a bit of cash or find a bargain second hand. Good stuff costs money!

Don't be sucked into being cheap. You are more likely to loose power with a cheap kit than gain.

200+ on an induction kit is daft imo, may aswell save up abit more and buy a turbo !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, seriously *** the tegiwa and gruppe m both seem rediculously overpriced imo

sorry sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, seriously *** the tegiwa and gruppe m both seem rediculously overpriced imo

Get a quote on a genuine Gruppe 'M then :lol: .

In the finer details of life though, when I bought my EP3 for £13,000 all those years ago, dropping £320 on a top quality intake system was nothing, but dropping that now or even more on a £4000 car is harder to swallow.

Back