• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Parts reviews

Hey everyone! just want to get any reviews of people running such things as tegiwa inductions, exhausts, mani's etc to see what their opinons of them are if possible. Reason being as you all know their parts are priced really low compared to others. so are they rubbish quality? or are their parts recommended for the value for money and peformance.

Thanks!

In theory they should be good parts but its the lack of customer service and lack of research of fitment before its sold to the public.

For example the b series manifold has a bracket that doesnt fit to were it should because its in the wrong place.

Not to sure what the k series stuff is like.

I wish I could take credit.

I have a tegiwa strut brace, it's garbage. Cheap & flimsy, poorly machined mounting points.

Tegiwa magnetic sump plugs - awesome. Cheap, they work. Happy days.

Tegiwa battery tie bar fitting kit - a single anodized bolt and washer along with a poorly bent peice of threaded bar. EPIC.

Otherwise I just use them for odds and sods, oil, filters, gaskets etc. Always good on delivery and upgrade you if they're out of stock. Can't complain.

Ooh I have the shortshifter too, and the shifter bushes. PITA to fit but nothing too difficult. I like 'em. The short shifter is a great idea, makes much more sense than buying a whole shifter unit IMO (like the buddyclub) although admittedly you don't get the horizontal throw reduction with the Tegiwa (I didn't want it anyway).

Nah it's only vertical, but from looking at the kit, you can tell why. I notice it more on downwards throw.

Ive had a Tegiwa M (Gruppe M Copy) intake, fitted fine, nothing missing, even came with the heatshield. I liked it, and it worked brilliantly with the Supercharger. I also had the Tegiwa RBC, again, fitted fine, did the job well.

I have now sold these items due to going Turbo.

I still have Tegiwa Rear Lower Control Arms, Harness Bar and UKDMhatesyou sticker.

I thought everything I bought worked well, and did the job I wanted them to. The above comments about customer service and bits not being received and lack of instructions are true, but for the price you buy stuff for its still worth it.

whats the teg exhaust system like? the exhaust tone iam looking for is not so much of a boy racer deep dirty tone. iam looking for the more cleaner sporty sound. more higher pitched if you catch my drift! anyone knowif what i have just describd sounds like i should go for the teg? or know which exhausts i should be looking at?

I've read the exhaust knocks on the anti roll bar if the car is lowered.

Keep your eye out in the classifieds for a used fujitsubo or similar would be my choice..

isit, okay mate nice one. what sort of make am i looking at to get the more higher pitched sporty sound you recon? dont want the deep tone, whats the spoon n1 like?

Ive got a piper catback it isnt too loud its bearable and its a nice sporty sound to it. i got the twin pipe one.

Tegiwa exhaust manifold for FN2.

Great fit, good quality welds, flows well and does the job.

The hole/thread for an additional wideband O2 sensor comes with a metal screw-in bung. It was made from a different metal from the rest of the manifold so the bung expands and contracts at a different rate to the rest of the manifold, so worked itself loose. It fell out at Spa (Belgium), cost me half a track day until I scrounged a replacement bung and led me on the learning experience as to why it comes out. New ones are supposed to come with a different bung since the feedback from myself and few others.

Back