• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa Quick Shift

Hi Guys
I'm new here and have always pretty much been a Ford man until recently. i've just ordered a Tegiwa quick shift for my 05 EP3 and have no clue how to go about fitting it. Tegiwa say it takes about half an hour but I've heard that before and ended up being there for hours :p I'd like to know if anyone could help me out with this, I need to know how the center panel comes away and whats involved in changing the stick.
Thanks for any help you can give me, or failing that can anyone suggest where i can get it fitted ? I'm in the Hinckley area.
Thanks Garry :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a how to for this in the how to section somewhere. I would find it for you but I'm using tapatalk right now! Chuck "quick shift how to" in the search box. If that doesn't help I'm sure someone will be along soon with a link!

Got my short shift yesterday and to be honest was a little disapointed.
I was n't 100% sure what i was going to get as the pic on thier website just shows 2 curved pieces of metal and a few allen bolts. In the past when I've fitted short shifters i replaced the whole shift, this thing just apears to be an add on, and what you see is what you get, 2 pretty small piese of curved metal qith a few allen bolts, no instrustions, not even an allen key and for £70 it had better work well

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys
Just fitted my Tegiwa short shift. Its ok but not great.
East to fit once the center panel is out. It reduces the throw a bit but for the money i'd spend it somewhere else. For £70 not great value for money in my opinion. On wards and upwards to the next mod

How much do you reckon its shortened the throw?

I was considering getting the hybrid racing shifter bush kit ( like the tegiwa kit but with bearings) , there ment to firm im the change and i feel it might be better value than a short shift kit....

Hi mate
It shortens the throw by about 30%. Don't get me wrong it does exactly what it says on the tin, I just think its over priced

I really like mine, it's only really made the down shift noticeably shorter. But I'd need to get out of mine and get into another to properly make my mind up about how much.

I bought mine second hand, worth it for £30-£40 IMO, but not £70.

Anyone got a working fitting instructions link please? Got dash off and disconnected selector... Now what? How do I get the plastic oem one off? Do I remove the assembly to the right?

Back