• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa replica / ARC

Decided I not be changing the car after having 75k service and timing chain replaced. On the hunt for new induction kit. The two kits in mind atm are Tegiwa GruppeM and ARC box. I am finding it hard to justify the extra £100 for ARC delivered from Japland.

Does anyone have either fitted or have any views before I decide

The ARC performs very well when measured against the Gruppe 'M in terms of performance and also has extra kudos for the JDM factor.

It looks stunning and is a firm favorite with serious tuners.

If all it is is a extra £100 to get it over here in your car, go for the ARC. I would.

ARC - of the two.

It's probably down to opinion - but of the GM/GM Style intake and the ARC Box - which is the nicer sounding; anyone had experience with both?

I've been in a couple of GM'd cars not had the pleasure of ARC suction yet. :)

As said, the ARC has proven to perform well. Plus you dont have to faff around with the scuttle panel that they don't supply :p

Tegiwa gm replica 340 delivered to NI. Arc box 482 delivered. Don't know if I can justify the extra 142 after 345 for service last week and 398 for chain replacement today.
Must say the engine seems less strained after the chain was changed today. Hopefully will help fuel consumption too.

Think I am talking myself down the tegiwa route. Modding my scuttle isn't a major prob either.

I recieved my ARC week before last and fitted it no problems in about 20 mins. I think the sound is awesome and it looks great in the engine bay, so ARC in my opinion
(however i did get stung by Customs too so it cost me about £450 all together)

James@Touge might have one - he ran the ARC. G also might be able to help - thing is they were/are modded so expect header, and exhaust joy too.

Yeah heard that earlier. I am not convinced tbh. Looking more and more like second hand gm / tegiwa replica

Do we reckon the competition from Tegiwa will effect selling prices of GM, or do you think they will stand firm?

Do we reckon the competition from Tegiwa will effect selling prices of GM, or do you think they will stand firm?

Its because of the exchange rate that the GM is so expensive at the moment.

When I bought my GM (new) 3 years ago it was £320.

So no, you wont see a drop in price until the echnage rate gets better.

I appreciate the exchange rate is a factor. But has the Gruppe M not got very overpriced too?

Back