• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thanks!

Installed and running now, I'll keep an eye on it for the next week to make sure its not messing up, so any problems please let me know. 8)

Is it just a case of clicking thanks and thats it, or does it save it as a stat somewhere?

Is it just a case of clicking thanks and thats it, or does it save it as a stat somewhere?
Nick, it appears as a stat when you look under someones profile page. However Al is looking into getting it to appear under the users avatar/posts/join date etc... ;)

Sorted, all the code was in there, there was just a silly extra bit of code that was preventing it from being shown on this template I needed to remove!

hmm...seems to have messed up the buttons at the top...back to the drawing board!

:edit: ok, so it hadn't done anything to the buttons, I'd managed to zoom out on my firefox and everything looked small :oops:

Best not thank too many people though or you'll get told off........

If you use the function for what it's intended for (i.e. thanking people for useful information) then that's fine. You only got "told off" because you were thanking multiple posts for the sake of it.

The thanks function could be a very useful feature as you can access threads where people have been thanked via their profiles, meaning you can go straight to useful threads. If people start spamming the thanks button, it then renders it pretty useless.

Would it be possible to limit 'Thanks' to the technical areas of the forum, rather than people thanking each other cos they had the same lunch?

Already useless, shame really. :(

I will be keeping on an eye on this and issuing pm's/infractions to people who are abuse the thanks feature.

A general notification will also be posted so there's no excuse.

If people would also like to report any posts that they feel the thanks feature has been abused in then feel free. If it's policed properly then this handy feature will hopefully work and be useful.

Mods as well as admin now have the ability to delete inappropriate use of the thanks feature. If your thanks are deleted, please don't take it as a personal attack, we just want the feature to be as useful to users as possible.

Back