• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The chav's have arrived

As long as my sponsors are happy it could be bright pink for me, as it is serving a purpose. Everyone is allowed their freedom of speech until Mr Blair puts a stop to it.

On a race track you need a car that stands out for the following reasons:

1) so your pit crew know its you from a distance and not the rival in another black ep3

2) Photos look better, plain cars fade into the background on a race track.

3) Spectators remember brightly coloured/stickered cars so helps with the advertising

The majority of the 'big names'on the drag racing scene also have brightly coloured and stickered cars ie CPL Racing, Norris Designs,Sumo

Competition cars serve a purpose,they are a giant advert for their respective sponsers.
Thanks for dragging my car into a 'road car debate'

Personally I cant stand red cars but I keep my opinion to myself, Im not asking for any ones blessing on my car.My sponser and the other race cars in his team publicise his company very well

Sara, but it is another published picture of your car, and not in a bad way, whivh will help keep your sponsor happy.

Competition cars serve a purpose,they are a giant advert for their respective sponsers.
Thanks for dragging my car into a 'road car debate'

I wasnt saying I didnt like it, I was asking peoples opinion on it, I did not wish to offend anyone by it I was merley making a valid point.

And I understand the advertisment thing totally, The point i was making was is that just because this bloke stuck a massive R on his motor why have people got to have a go, people dont like it thats fine if we were to be all the same the world would be boring.

Persnally I like the graphics on your car Sara, was first time I had seen them and they are very good, I think Friendlys need to be brighter :) But thats just me :lol: :lol:

In my defence I am still waiting on the logos from the other sponsors, but at the end of the day as mentioned before if the sponsors happy I am happy. I see your point though Pete, you could say why spend £80 on a spoon knob, does it make it go any faster, or just personalise your car to your taste to say its yours.

Right then who wants to sponsor me and cover my car in massive stickers :p

Damn thats right I dont go fast enough.

I got to say Paul how you managed to sort all these *dodgy8 deals I dont know, I have heard about 1 for some race seats :)

Sara's car - I think it looks great as it is a race car but even so I still like it
Friendly's car - I agree with Pete its not quite bright enough but if the sponsors dont mind why worry
The first post - nope I dont like, I said the same about Colin's but at the end of the day its about being individual

I have had people say they dont like my white wheels and I am sure they probably wonder about the large mugen sticker on my back window. At the end of the day myself and the other owners are happy so thats all that counts. I also think its nice to have some different ones out there. Like Chris says he likes his plain, thats cool I like mine to be seen hence red with white wheels. Just remember its good to be different, why let life pass by why not stand out :wink:

Tarticus said:
Right then who wants to sponsor me and cover my car in massive stickers :p

Damn thats right I dont go fast enough.

You had a chat with your tuner and any other inerestied parties? Be good publicity for you and them to have a high profile car running their colours this coming season. :wink:

I will be. :wink: 8)

Must admit that first one looks a bit daft. Bit like some original Mk3 XR3's when they first came out with huge stickers plastered down the side. Another that springs to mind was the massive MG ones on the Metro's. :shock: :lol:

that first one looks absoloutely gash! :shock: what the hell has he done to that car...... i hope to god its not my old one :?

i can see the point in sponsorship advertising when you taking your car on a track regularly though.

Tarticus said:
The point i was making was is that just because this bloke stuck a massive R on his motor why have people got to have a go, people dont like it thats fine if we were to be all the same the world would be boring.

If people don't want an opinion they shouldn't put their car on a forum where people will pass one. If 99% of forum users don't like it then so what, it's an opinion, doesn't mean everyone should do the typical British thing and say nothing.

It's not a racing car, it's not sponsored by anyone, the graphics are redundant tat purely aimed at impressing 15y/o girls. It looks cheap, tacky and that kind of rubbish damages the Type R brand. IMO.

CTR_Paul said:
It's not a racing car, it's not sponsored by anyone, the graphics are redundant tat purely aimed at impressing 15y/o girls. It looks cheap, tacky and that kind of rubbish damages the Type R brand. IMO.

Spot on mate IMO :wink:

CTR_Paul said:
Tarticus said:
The point i was making was is that just because this bloke stuck a massive R on his motor why have people got to have a go, people dont like it thats fine if we were to be all the same the world would be boring.

If people don't want an opinion they shouldn't put their car on a forum where people will pass one. If 99% of forum users don't like it then so what, it's an opinion, doesn't mean everyone should do the typical British thing and say nothing.

Hit the nail on the head.

Sara's car is fine by me as its a track car. Same rules don't apply.

Not too keen on sticking huge logos on a car just to get discounts from them (i.e. Friendy) and for no other reason, but at least he hasn't done it through choice... i.e. the stickers I'm sure are part of whatever discount he got.

Back