• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 The compliments have started

Twice in the space of a week I've now been approached by random people telling me how nice the car is.

Used to get it now and again with the DC5 so it was nice to hear the same in the FK8.

1st was a biker at the garage, was having a look as I came out the shop and we ended up chatting about it for quite a while along with bikes as I noticed he had a 'blade and so do I :)

then a random guy a couple of days later at Morrison's came up and said how nice it was and that.

to coin an internet phrase #feelsgoodman

:)

You've made it man.

tenor.gif

Me too I’ve had a guy waiting in a car park in his msport BMW to talk to me about my car, another follow me into a shop. It’s when a guy comes over and says you got that in championship white that’s the right colour that you know you are in for a long chat. Good job I like talking cars! I have never had such a reaction to a car before.

If some bloke is waiting around a car park to talk to you about a car, the last thing that I would do is talk to him, was he wearing a Honda cap? Weirdo.

I’ll talk to anyone. He did have a nice BMW. I could not tell him much about my car as I had just picked it up and driven through town and parked it up.

Awesome, yeah they certainly fire up some conversations;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels good to be complimented on your car. :)
I've had 4 complete strangers come up to me saying how good it looks, and many more from people that know me. I haven't had a single negative comment about it.
So much for Top Gear and the like saying how hideous it looks. :lol:

A few negative about looks but not the way it drives. I like it as it looks fast, unlike the golf and focus

I think its looks are the best thing about it.....it looks fast sitting still. :D
I agree about the Focus RS and particularly the Golf R.....they don't look enough different from their respective standard and slower models. With the FK8 even somebody that knows nothing about cars will immediately think it looks like a fast car. :)

I've had a few thumbs-up signs in the Type-R from the same folk who usually give me the middle finger in the Porsche.
Obviously a cultured lot in the works carpark :)

I was in the petrol station this afternoon using the cash machine after filling up when I overheard 2 younger guys behind me talking while looking at my car, and one of them said "it looks like an Insignia with a spoiler"
I was amazed and said "an Insignia.....you're joking? :eek:
I added that I don't think there's anything else that looks like it on the road.
We had a laugh about it though. :)

I was in the petrol station this afternoon using the cash machine after filling up when I overheard 2 younger guys behind me talking while looking at my car, and one of them said "it looks like an Insignia with a spoiler"
I was amazed and said "an Insignia.....you're joking? :eek:
I added that I don't think there's anything else that looks like it on the road.
We had a laugh about it though. :)

vehicles-insignia_family-hero-VX_INS_26493-992x374.jpg

Surely you see the resemblance? ;) </sarcasm>

Twice in the space of a week I've now been approached by random people telling me how nice the car is.

Used to get it now and again with the DC5 so it was nice to hear the same in the FK8.

1st was a biker at the garage, was having a look as I came out the shop and we ended up chatting about it for quite a while along with bikes as I noticed he had a 'blade and so do I :)

then a random guy a couple of days later at Morrison's came up and said how nice it was and that.

to coin an internet phrase #feelsgoodman

:)

Did you get yours from Bracknell Honda?

My Fn2 used to get some attention, I came out from the supermarket one day to find a kid and his dad looking all around it. They were parked behind in a brand new x drive 330d. Made me smile.

Attachments

• sketch-1522540767904.png
    sketch-1522540767904.png
    943.8 KB · Views: 49
The compliments have been an almost daily thing since getting mine. Leaving the house to find a guy lying in the road with his DSLR camera to get the perfect shot of the car genuinely wasn’t a surprising thing the other day.

It’s been madness for 5 months and stuff like the above is crazily regular.

Back