• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX The S is getting a treat.

Anyone else running Motul in their cars??

My S is due its 2nd service tomorrow so i thought i'd treat it to some good stuff.

This is £110 worth of oil but i'm assured its money well spent. :lol:
IMG_5716.jpg

I was running Mobil 1 since last service but the engine was a little too noisy for my liking so i've up'd the grade to 5w40. This stuff has a very unique smell so i'll know if the dealer has put it in or not. :twisted:

Sweet:cool:

The 5w40 premium oils like the Motul are distinguishable as soon as you've had the oil service.

I was torn between the 300V and Silkolene Pro-S 5w40, and went for the Silko last time. Very smooth and like you say, the better oils do tend to make your engine sound quieter.

James

Sweet:cool:

The 5w40 premium oils like the Motul are distinguishable as soon as you've had the oil service.

I was torn between the 300V and Silkolene Pro-S 5w40, and went for the Silko last time. Very smooth and like you say, the better oils do tend to make your engine sound quieter.

James

I was thinking of the Silkolene but one of my mates that tunes Skylines said its not that good, it is pushed by some people as a good oil but think profits outweigh the overall package. ;) I do tend to believe him.

I was thinking of the Silkolene but one of my mates that tunes Skylines said its not that good, it is pushed by some people as a good oil but think profits outweigh the overall package. ;) I do tend to believe him.

I am guessing he does not sell it then? :eek:

I have used it for some time, as have others, I think it is a great oil personally.

Oilman [guy & simon] from Opie oils rate Silkolene very highly.

I suppose like you say, its a matter of trust, I tend to go by a bit of supplier recommendation and a larger chunk of customer recommendation. People who sell stuff for a fair profit are going to push that product forward as you point out.

edit...as dotty says, i reckon its decent money well spent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing he does not sell it then? :eek:

I have used it for some time, as have others, I think it is a great oil personally.

My mate doesn't sell oil, he just has a lot of experience in highly tuned japanese cars and knows whats best. He buys it from GPR, even though i found out that they are a lot more expensive than Opie for Motul. :)

Back