• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The time has come to sell but for how much?

I'm looking to sell my EP3 after a couple of years of happy ownership, but I've no idea how much I will get for it.

It's a 2002 (02) EP3 with 104,000 miles on the clock, Air con, iPod dock, 4 x RE050A's with a reasonable amount of tread, service history, recently serviced and 4 months plus on tax and MOT. It’s in very good condition for its age and mileage but not perfect.

I've been offered £2,000 for it as a trade in but that seems a little on the low side but checking auto trader they seem to vary from £2600 to £4000.

I want to price to sell but I could do with £3000ovno. Does this sound like a fair figure for a private sale? As when I advertise it I want it gone as quick as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want toprice to sell but I could do with £3000ovno. Does this sound like a fair figurefor a private sale? As when I advertise it I want it gone as quick as possible.

Sounds about right.

I part ex'd mine with 107k no aircon left the alpine head unit and cheap crappy tyres on the front for £2500..that was 5 months ago

Thanks for the replies.

I'll have to watch a few around the £3000 mark and see how quickly they go.

£3000 ovno is the perfect starting price for that car i'd say. maybe drop a couple of hundred in the haggling stage because we're all but in december and that is a hard time to sell and you want it gone quickly. good luck with it.

i would suggest an ebay classified ad at £2895. that would get some interest very quickly and won't cost the earth.

price is keen. drop it to £2750 on forums, AT & pistonheads should sell it this weekend.

Back