• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

This may seem like a dumb question but here goes...

then your points moot.

you cant make a statement such as you did if you're not basing it on any kind of reasonable comparison.

its like saying 'the porsche 911 is a slow car' me saying 'actually its pretty quick for a sports car' and you discounting that statement as i added a comparitive condition. of course comparing a 911 to a f1 car, then yes it would be slow but its not a reasonable comparison.

see the point im trying to make here?

the CTR is a hatchback, it has a slow drag co-efficient for a hatchback. its a high number compared to an arial atom for example but again its hardly a fair statement.

hope that made sense to you :)

it's getting warm in here...

the CTR does take ages after 135mph'ish, consider wind direction, resistance or drag, tyres, slight hill, crap fuel, engine service, driver, even if the car is dirty or has a passenger or luggage.

Last edited by a moderator:
At Silverstone last year I was chatting to the Team Dynamics guys. They said that the EP3 is not the best aerodynamiclly, especially when accelerating past 110mph. The flat back of the CTR creates an 'air bubble' which creates huge drag on the car, and also unsettles it at high speeds. That is why and where the DC5 is so much better, espcially in the BTCC, it's shaped like a 'fish' (their words not mine) and cuts through the air with the minimal amount of disturbance. Thats why we are still seeing privateers in BTCC in DC5's doing so well against the works teams :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back