• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Thoughts On This Car?

In the market for an EP3. Having owned one previously and sold it to buy a 08 Impreza STi hatchback I have an idea of what they are like to own etc.

Looking to do some more trackdays and it makes sense to replace the Impreza with a fettled EP3. One has caught my eye, has a few mods already. Just wanted to get your views on it.

This is the car in question - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182507622568

From my initial reading of the ad it seems good but mileage is a tad high. What do you folks think?

If all the paper work checks out then it seems ok, It would depend how it drove, would want a decent drive and a few gear changes up near the limiter.
If it crunches then its highly likely the syncros as the clutch has already been done.
I wouldn't worry about the mileage at 120k.

Kryzs on here is running a track only ep3 that's on a lot more than that and running great.

Id want to try push as much off that price too.

By starting with little details like the non OEM Honda badges, they look naff.
The red H on front and back etc.
That will set you back nearer £100.

If all the paper work checks out then it seems ok, It would depend how it drove, would want a decent drive and a few gear changes up near the limiter.
If it crunches then its highly likely the syncros as the clutch has already been done.
I wouldn't worry about the mileage at 120k.

Kryzs on here is running a track only ep3 that's on a lot more than that and running great.

Id want to try push as much off that price too.

By starting with little details like the non OEM Honda badges, they look naff.
The red H on front and back etc.
That will set you back nearer £100.
138k and going strong, takes the abuse all day long if you look after it :)

Cheers. I always think that it's a bit worrying buying a car that's been modified but it seems that this has had all the right stuff done to it. Values seem to have gone up since I sold mine in Feb 2016.

Properly modified cars are usually very well kept, I tend to scout forums for cars for sale as you know you're getting one that's been looked after

Guy seems to know his stuff / have his head screwed on. Would give me a bit more confidence than buying from a chav that can't spell. Not that it doesn't mean its had the sh1t kicked out of it for years though.

Collected it. Mechanically sound, cosmetically it needs a bit of tidying up.

I wrote my original post from the viewpoint of my mate who I got the car for. He just doesn't know yet :lol:

Will chuck him the keys later when I break the news to him. Got a bit of a job on making sure it's ready for 1500 mile European roadtrip in a weeks time though. Need some uprated pads, any suggestions?

Road, track, how hard a driver?

Road with a bit of track. Went with DS2500 so will see how they fare. Baptism of fire coming up for the car as we are heading to Nurburgring as part of a 1500 mile European roadtrip. Let's see how it holds up.

Sort of knew you'd get them, most overrated pad around if you ask me!

They're okay, just seem to break up easy and leave deposits on the discs. The problem is they keep biting even when they are too hot so you end up with judder through the pedal.

I can't say I've ever tried them and been impressed.

They're great on the road, apparently can be cooked on track... I did a couple separated laps of the 'ring with a set and they were fine. I think the problems come after several consecutive laps getting progressively hotter.

They're okay, just seem to break up easy and leave deposits on the discs. The problem is they keep biting even when they are too hot so you end up with judder through the pedal.

I can't say I've ever tried them and been impressed.
They're great on the road, apparently can be cooked on track... I did a couple separated laps of the 'ring with a set and they were fine. I think the problems come after several consecutive laps getting progressively hotter.

Yeah I have them on my EP3 currently, front discs have heat spots all over and now want changing. Been on for two years mind with a lot of fast road and a couple of track sessions plus a full day too. Glazed them on the full day.

We will be doing evening sessions on tourist days next week and it's our first time out so likely to do a lap and spend some time cooling everything down in the car park before the next run.

Back