• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thread title amendment..

Suits

First to flounce
I don't seem to be able to change my thread title in my members cars thread.

I have gone into advanced edit, but can only change the title at the top of the post, not in the actual forum.

Halp.

:)

I thought you could edit it by going advanced.. Clearly not as I think NickCTR had this issue too.

One for the admin.

For now, I can change it to what you like?

double click to the right of the thread name in the sub forum menu. an edit box should then come up. Try editing it like that.

I've had the same problem before and it was in a members car thread I created too.

Maybe im being a idiot but I dont seem able to double click anything, the thread name appears to be a link...

In the mean time, SD or TJ could you do the honours please.

My NHB Prem CTR **(New Artech map 15.08.09)**

Maybe im being a idiot but I dont seem able to double

Click on members cars, then find your post and double click to the right of the link (arrowed)

Try that mate.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 16
Just tried that method and it works, double click in the sub forum as above then you can re word your thread title, then click once where you initially double clicked and it should have edited..

TBH though it would make life easier if you could edit the title of a thread by going advanced, that is how I do it, must be my moderator powaaas.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 6
Click on members cars, then find your post and double click to the right of the link (arrowed)

Try that mate.

Yeah still no luck mate, I tried it again just to be sure, but nothing, it just highlights the text.

Maybe its a setting on my browser or something.

Yeah still no luck mate, I tried it again just to be sure, but nothing, it just highlights the text.

Maybe its a setting on my browser or something.

When it highlights the text, that is when you can edit it (see the above attachment)

When it highlights the text, that is when you can edit it (see the above attachment)

Na it highlights it like its trying to copy the text, its doesnt surround it in a editing box like yours.

Im on a laptop and using IE8

Na it highlights it like its trying to copy the text, its doesnt surround it in a editing box like yours.

Im on a laptop and using IE8

Firefox-vs-IE.jpg

Will edit now and raise the issue with admin type people ;)

I still can't seem to do this guys.

I have logged on with my parnets computer and nothing seems to work :( .

Can someone change my thread title again please in members cars.

My NHB Prem CTR **(New interior page10 22.08.09)**

Yeah please try it.

FF FTW.

Mental.

I have downloaded FF and the same thing happens.

It still wont let me edit the thread name in members cars...

However, it lets me edit it on this thread. The double click thing that is. Maybe its the thread title being too long on my members cars thread :confused: .

I have checked this on IE8 and the same thing happens, result with this thread but nothing with members cars.

:lol: :lol: @ this thread.

Normal users can only edit thread titles for 12 months from the date the thread was created. ;)

Back