• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thrttle body help?

Hopefully purchasing a Skunk2 Intake mani, and the tegiwa gruppe m rep but was thinking about throttle bodies and couldn't decide whether to get the 74mm or the 70mm, does anyone have either of these two setups and if you what you recommend?

Cheers

From what I've heard if the cars your daily car then it's not worth it, the gains are next to nothing and it makes the car very lumpy when on and off the throttle

+1 I've heard they run like a dog on the K20 and don't give massive gains either, especially considering the mahoosive cost of them. You could almost get a charger for the same money.

Info from Z-cars people - not honda people BTW.

That said... they are litterally the coolest things ever!

He is talking about the single throttle body for the inlet manifold chaps. Not a set of ITB's.

Just get a TB which is matched to the inlet plenum of the inlet manifold. Not many, if any, gains to be made from a bigger throttle body.

I'd say if you are ultimately going for a fairly high end N/A build, then every little bit helps. I have both the Skunk2 Inlet an the 74mm TB matched to it. However my build is a K24 Frank built at TDI North.

If you are alreading running all of the other bolt-ons with a Kpro, a 70mm thottle is worth around 5hp in most cases.

The only downside is you may not like how sensitive the gas pedal feels.

Back