• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thruxton Track Day

Hello Chaps just thought i'd share this with you,

Went for my track day today at Truxton.
Very enjoyable day even though we had some heavy downpours,

I drove a Porsche Cayman followed by a Ferrari 355 then a Formula Renualt and then to finish the day went for a fast lap (spent mostly sideways) with Tom Onslow Cole!

Got a final overall score of 83% pleased with that for my first ever track experience.

Got the bug now for track days and tempted to do some other experiences.
They have just taken delivery of a 4 day old Lamborghini Murcielago SV.
Also think the misses has changed her mind and now wants a go now.
Think this could get expensive :lol::lol:

Will try and put some pics up later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you interested in taking your own car on a track? If so why not pop down to castle coombe race track on september 5th. Take your car on for about £30. Its a good day out even if you dont go on track. I'll be going as usual.:D

Sack doing the Combe activity day, nightmare thing for a first track experience in your own car.

I'd look into one of HOT days, newbie friendly, great people, and help will be available from everyone plus the cracking instructor they use.

Sack doing the Combe activity day, nightmare thing for a first track experience in your own car.

I'd look into one of HOT days, newbie friendly, great people, and help will be available from everyone plus the cracking instructor they use.

:twisted:

The experience days, as much fun as they are, aren't as good as a proper track day in your own car;)

Sorry for delay, here are a few pics for you to look at.

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

my girlfriend went last year, i was just a spectator but because we got there early we got an extra free go in the RX8 round the track so i hopped in :lol:
eventhough i didnt do any driving and got driven once round the track i had a good day, seriously considering buying myself a go. although that scuderia is new and so is that lambo so that 500quid package looks even more tempting

well when i were in the RX8 - driven by a mad man i must add, we were over taking the convertible 430 and a couple 355s in one lap lol it went so quick i didnt know it had happened, but it seemed like quite a fast track which is never bad lol
did they take you round in the MPS?

Yeah you get driven round in the mps for 4 laps, they show you the racing lines and marker cones to look out for. The laps in these are abit slower so you do get to see more of the track.

4 laps....it was 3 seems like its got better down there haha. did the fella still drive fast, my gf got out shaken up lol.
what you think of the caymen?

Maybe it was 3 ha ha, i cant remember was trying to take everything in!! We had some young nipper driving us round, he didn't go too fast but i was probally more thrown about by his shocking gear changes!!
Enjoyed the caymen was very easy to drive and chuck into the corners even on a soaking wet track :D

oh really, i never saw the guy who drove. you should have offered to drive haha.
what a job though, we got there early and saw two of the blokes who work there turn up in the astons (if they are still there ofcourse) i try and find my pics of the day for you, they had the LP640 in grey, very sexy.
fortunately the day was cold but sunny when we went, but im glad you had a good time even with the rain as im worried about that when i go.
did you get soaked in the formula renault? i saw some old geezer have a go in one, worth a giggle just watching some people try to drive it lol.

I was worried about the rain as i thought the instructors wouldn't let me push the cars but they did, the back end in the Ferrari got abit twitchy at one point but was good fun.
With the formula renault they supply you with everything you need, as it was raining i got a waterproof jacket and trousers! If you do it on a dry day you will have to wear a long sleve top as no exposed arms allowed (fire reasons) but they are great fun. As im just over 6 foot it was a little cramped but the 4 point harness holds you in. I took it easy on the first couple of laps but once you get used to the car you can really push it, by the 3rd, 4th and 5th lap i was being waved passed by most other cars on the track, had it at full speed down the back straight, i would definatly recommend a package with the formula renault included.

you make the renault sound really fun, is it easy to drive?
i wouldnt mind driving all the super cars haha, do they do a package with the renault included? last time i looked they had the lambo, 430, aston and the porka in one package but thats a bit too much, unless i save my tesco club card points haha. was your ferrari left hand drive?

The renualt was brilliant fun, once you get used to the car you can really push it in the corners, even though the engine is only a 1.7 it still got a fair bit if tourque, you only really need to use 3rd and 4th and it will still pull out of the corners well.
I think they have changed the packages slightly so to get one with the renault you need to look for one with PLUS on the end and that should include the renault.
The Ferrari was left hand drive and had a very strange seating position as the pedals were not directly infront of you, they are to the right so you have to sit at a funny angle but once you get driving you dont notice it.

i've always wanted to drive the ariel atom so i suppose with the renault it be the closest thing lol.
i think i will have to check our their website some time soon, it's either thruxton or my alloys refurbed and sprayed...that's a tough one.
yeah my girlfriend said the pedals were off slightly, was the steering wheel in the right place though? i've heard that the right hand drive lambos steering wheel is off to the left a bit

I saw a really nice atom at work the other night, took some pics on my phone so will try and post them at some point. Had some extra carbon fibre wings on it!!
Im a simular position as i also need a wheel refurb but also craving somemore track action!! ha ha.
The steering wheel felt pretty centre from what i remember just the pedals that weren't.
So what cars did your gf drive? My partner wants to do the Aston Martin Package!

Back