• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thruxton Track Day

yeah my mum loves astons and i was temped to buy her it for her birthday but really didnt want to use my discount but fortunately she told me she didnt want that for her bday so i was in luck haha. they had one with 007 on the number plate or some reference to james bond, cant really remember though.
really?!? sounds nice. i love atoms, only the super charged ones though as they are faster than the old ones lol, ive only ever seen three, two were on the motorway and the other was at the MPH show at earls court last year, such a nice car/bike thing.
she drove red caymen (although there were like 7 red ones lol) and yellow 355. it was only basic package as it was a crimbo present from her sister.
they were offering a dodge viper thing aswell but i never saw anyone drive it and it werent in that garage by the toilets. that lp670 is calling though, sod the wheels how many chances you ever going to get to drive a mercielago (not sure on spelling) :lol:

Yeah im mot sure about the viper one, i dont know how popular that package is but in the whole 4 hours i was there i never saw it move!!
The links you put up for different packages both look good, the only thing that is missing is the formula renualt.
Oh if you have a look in the pictures section your see the pics i put on of the atom!! Not sure which model it is but looks good!!
So when are you thinking about booking up a package or are you still looking into the wheel refurb too??
I'd recommend booking abit in advance as mine was bought for my birthday in april but couldn't get any avalible days until july, but to be honest me and my partner both do shift work any trying to match it up with my mum and brother who are both 9-5 workers was abit of nightmare. But as you have probally seen on there site they do have quite a big timetable of dates.

well i have four days holiday left at work so i may just take one of them off and my girlfriend has uni so it may have to be in a half term or what ever they have, well it has now emerged that we "have" to go to alton towers this year according to my girlfriend so it would have to be around that aswell. you they do, i would go for the early one or anyday as it took me around 2 hours to get there lol so i wouldnt mind being home before the days gone. i may have to leave it until early next year or after the next quarter on my tesco card to take a bit more of the cost off and then i can get my refurb at the same time lol.
did you take the whole family with you then? you got some good pics of the cars, was that you taking them? (obviously not when youre driving :lol: )

A track day and wheel refurb in one trip sounds like a good day out to me!!ha ha.
My mum, brother and girlfriend came up to mine, her mum was going to come but couldn't get the time off.
My bro was taking the pics for me, have got a few more but just chose a little selection for on here, got quite a few of the lambo!!
I see your first mod is some LED sidelights, im looking at something like this as the standard ones are very dull!! Is it something easy to do?? And where did you get the lights from??

does actually haha need to start saving though because if i have the cash in my pocket i spend it on crap lol then have nothing to show for it.
thats quite good, a bit of support or people to laugh at you if you cock it up or stall it :lol: i dont blame you, that lambo is lurvely £280,000 they say it cost on the website crazy money.
oh yes, im working my way up the modding ladder. i bought mine for a tenner from halfrauds, although i was looking at these http://www.hids4u.co.uk/501-led-high-power-1w-upgrade-bulb-c-62-p-1-pr-86.html a few people on here have used them and had no complaints. to be honest its more fiddly than anything, i couldnt get the bulb to push in but a little bit of force and it worked haha. im not entirely sure if the facelift lights are the same as the prefacelift with regards to the side lights, but mine sit right at the top and the holder twists out. took all of 5mins if that, they are wedge bulbs so they just push it and pull out.
they made my standards look yellow lol, go with white though as blue can look a bit tacky, although mine do look a little blue :lol:

Ha just remember you saying about stalling, i managed to stall the formaula renualt!! Mind you got it going on 2nd try, some people i saw though took abit longer!!
Will look into those LED lights, that link helped cheers mate. Will definalty go for the white! Stupid question but i take it they are legal?? I suppose the blue ones would probally draw some attention wouldn't they?? I will go for the white ones anyway!!:D

erm....well i have been behind a few coppers and they havent said anything or stopped me although i had my main beam on, otherwise i just cruise with them on at dusk.
white should be legal, the only reason blue would be debateable is they can claim that youre impersonating them which they have pulled on me before when i was parked up in my old car.
im not going to lie to you though, the ones i bought did say "for off road use only" but i no a few members with the facelift lights have them. just keep a spare set of normal bulbs in the car just incase.
haha oh no, i think its ok to stall one of them as they are racers. if you stalled the fezza then you should be embarrased :lol:

Yeah luckily I only stalled the renualt, would have been bad if I had stalled the others!! Ha Ha
Ok cheers for the heads up on the lights, will look into that one, got a few other things on the mod list as well so might do those first!!:D

oh really, do you have a progress thread going about your car? be good to post up pics and stuff with your mods.
is your V2 loud? im looking at getting the shorter one that sits in the engine bay

Haven't got a collection of pics on here yet, but I do have some on my laptop from the day I picked mine up through to how it is now so might put a little collection together!
I love my V2!! It's pretty loud and I never get bored of the sound, always gives me a smile when i put my foot down!!

do you have standard exhaust? i did want the V2 but someone went through quite a shallow puddle and it cocked their engine up so it put me off abit, although the heat soak of the shorter one also puts me off :lol:
what you got planned next?

Yeah standard exhaust, but still sounds good. Not sure why that one got messed up from water?? I've heard of that kind of thing on the CAI but not the V2.
Some people say that the V2 can suffer heatsoak but my mate and I who both have one have never had any prob's. I got stuck in a massive traffic jam other week, the temp was 25 outside and felt like I had the standard box on, no heatsoak at all!!
Next mods are possible wheel refurb, paint brake callipers and maybe a S2000 style start button where the cigarette lighter is!! How about you?

oh sorry mate, i thought it was the CAI :lol: dont listen to me haha must have been a very deep puddle otherwise. oh really, yeah to be honest ive seen a few methods of using the existing air feed from the front and directing it to the back where the filter is.
my friend who works not too far away from me has an S2000 and the car wont start with the key at all, eventhough you have to turn the key to put the ignition on and to take steering lock off lol but they are very cool. would not get tired of pushing it.
yeah same for me really, wheels, i do have caliper paint but its blue so not too sure about it using it yet, air filter and exhaust

Yeah im also stuck with colours on the calipers, seen a couple in red so might be tempted with that!!
I thought i might get bored of the start button but i dont think i will and it would be a cool little feature to have.
So what induction kit and exhaust do you think your go for?

starter button looks cool even if you dont use it though, plus if you dont smoke then theres not much elese you need the cig lighter for anyway, unless you use tomtoms which i have then seen someone redirecting the 12v to under the steering wheel area near the footwell.
im thinking about the AEM short ram but im undecided whether to go for the normal short ram or the V2, over £100 difference lol to me thats a fair bit of money for what is essentially the same bit of kit.. and exhaust i have been looking at the piper system, got some good reviews but its not really jap looking so im confused on that haha

Back