• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Timing chain+cost plus labour to fit new one?

Hi guys.

Just need some help regarding my EP3's timing chain.

As far as im aware its never been changed and my mileage at current is 79250. Dont really know the difference between a cambelt+ a timing chain if im honest.

Am gonna check up on service history but if it does need replacing how much am I looking at to buy new one + have it fitted?

All things being well the chain should last as long as the engine so should never need to be changed.

i have changed my chain about 3 months ago, i only changed it because my chain tensioner was faulty and made a loud rattle. The only time you will ever need to change it is if you have a problem like the tensioner or a slipping chain. As long as you keep the oil level right and change it often, im sure the chain will last 150k miles and more. But to give you an idea, when you change the chain you also have to change your tensioner and guides, all in all honda wanted 480 squids. On a budget, i bought the oem parts from other websites and just had the labour done at honda which i spent in total about 290 pounds :D

however changes from dealer to dealer ;) just remember to never buy parts from them cause you can get it much cheaper elsewhere

Back