• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tips for removing brake disc screws???

Has anyone got any tricks/tips on the easiest way to remove the two screws that hold the brake discs on.

Look like they are original discs and have never been changed so have covered 50k miles.
Want to change rear discs and the screws are rather solid and cant be moved with my big ass screw driver. Was going to just cut them out but they are both very close to the wheel nut threads.

I did mines at the weekend, I used a hammer and chisel to chip and edge of the screw away to loosen it, they could then be re-used

Get the tip of your screwdriver in and bash the bugger with a hammer, will loosen and the build up after a good hammering.

Done my Evo discs yesterday, they are just held on by the wheel and have two screw holes in them, if the disc is stuck you simply put a screw in that pushes them off.

simples.

why honda decided to put bloody screws in i'll never know :lol:

Back