• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

To spoiler or not

Taking delivery of my fibre glass tailgate, which will have no rear spoiler.

Question. Do i really need a rear spoiler? is it mainly for cosmetics?

And if yes, wheres best place to get a btcc style one??

When i fitted my carbon boot i left the spoiler of the back for a few days... it really doesnt look right at all. Also, the OE glass has cut outs to allow the spoiler to fit. I'd put it back on!

Sort me out some fibre glass items, and I will get my mate to make you a bracket that will take a btcc style wing.

I posted about a BTCC wing in the early days at ctro and got flamed for the idea!!
You can buy them @£800 but they are actually quite poor in quality iirc,
not guaranteed for road use.

I'd LOVE my car BTCC kitted out would look :twisted: :twisted:

But then I'd love lots of things :roll:

I remember you doing so Reddy.. it was not a welcomed idea.

AFAIK, the struts that hold the wing get drilled straight through the tailgate. Was there not a chap from NZ who was working on a BTCC kit back in the day?

Donald if you want details about my spoiler I'll send you the links, but it is an import from the US.

Friendy has a good idea if you can get the blade part without the mounting brackets.

Tim.

If you send me details that would be great

Friendy, i have to drop son of at East Midlands airport on thursday evening, so if you want to have a look at the quality of my fibre glass doors,bonnet and tailgate, im happy to bring them up

donald said:
If you send me details that would be great

Friendy, i have to drop son of at East Midlands airport on thursday evening, so if you want to have a look at the quality of my fibre glass doors,bonnet and tailgate, im happy to bring them up

B*llo(ks away at a food convention.

Back