• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda Mani + fujisubo rm01a VS DC Mani + Spoon catback

What will give me better gains....

Toda Mani with fujisubo rm01a catback or DC Mani with Spoon catback ??

Looking to be fitted with JRSC and Gruppe M

Scott

i'll tell you that everybody will go with the TODA set up but i personally would go the DC sports route

depends if you want your ears to bleed! i'd go toda/dc manifold and the rm01a to keep things a bit quieter. if money wasn't an option then toda manifold and cat back:cool:

TODA and RM01A all day.

AFAIK the DC Sports header has copied most design elements from the TODA anyway, so you may as well go for the original (if money was no cost) .

Any race header with the Spoon N1 will be uber loud. Dotty and James at Touge have both had this set up and have/or about too change it due to it being too loud.

Yes I had a TODA and a RM01A and got 240bhp at the Fly and 201bhp at the wheels. It was only slightly louder than OEM too, but much deeper on idle. Perfect.

I have the DC header and Spoon catback. There's definately a bottleneck somewhere, so am changing the Spoon.

TODA and RM01A will give more power without a doubt.

I dont mind the sound from the DC Mani and Spoon catback as i already have this fitted with Kpro, Gruppe M and RBC.

On CTRO afew people have said the RM01A is more restrictive than the Spoon?
and the difference between the DC and Toda mani is 1-3 BHP

So i think ill save my money and keep the DC mani and Spoon catback for now.

I've had an RM01A and a Spoon catback. RM01A consistantly made more power than the Spoon.

I've had an RM01A and a Spoon catback. RM01A consistantly made more power than the Spoon.

what size bore are they both?

I have the money to buy the toda and RM01A so i might buy them, fit them and see which setup i prefer, i definately dont want Toda and Spoon as that'll be louder than DC and Spoon.

Maybe DC and RM01A?
I think the Spoon N1 is the best for looks on the CTR EP3, the RM01A just looks like a bigger version of the N1 which i also like :confused:

They are both 60mm, but there are many factors which control the flow characteristics.

RM01A is one of the best systems for the EP3, seriously.

Im wondering with the Spoon B-pipe on the car, if I change the Spoon N1 backbox to OEM one ,would I get less gains ?

Im wondering with the Spoon B-pipe on the car, if I change the Spoon N1 backbox to OEM one ,would I get less gains ?

Where as the OEM BB is rather good up to 300bhp the N1 will still be more free flowing, so in theory be better.

Where as the OEM BB is rather good up to 300bhp the N1 will still be more free flowing, so in theory be better.
ye Im told that before, I mean if I still leave the Spoon B-pipe on the car, do I have less gains by changing N1 box to OEM box?:D

ye Im told that before, I mean if I still leave the Spoon B-pipe on the car, do I have less gains by changing N1 box to OEM box?:D

Well yes. If you remove the free'er flowing N1 and replace it with the more restrictive OEM BB you're more likely to lose power than gain any.

Well yes. If you remove the free'er flowing N1 and replace it with the more restrictive OEM BB you're more likely to lose power than gain any.
cheers mate, I also fancy the Fujitsobo one as you had, keeping an eye on a 2nd hand one.:D

[video=youtube;wuC-DaoqYag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuC-DaoqYag[/video]

Much difference between the Spoon and RM01A "dotty" ??.. from them video's it sounds same as my DC and Spoon combo.

I supose a video will never show how it'll sound in real life.

Back