• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda Stroker Kit

moNoKnoT said:
Is this the kit that's good for 10,000rpm?

If so, anyone got a sound clip :D :twisted:

- Kevin.

Internals are all good for that but you wont want to as your not making power at those revs....just noise.

Loads of it! :twisted: :D

Just got back from TDi North where the A3's have now been installed on Paul's 2.2 engine.

The car hasn't finished mapping yet on ignition to see what can really be made so its currently running with a "safe" base map but with cam angles sorted.

I won't divulge the figures as Paul will be posting the results soon but I would like to say its made a load more power than with the older N2 cams and its gone way past Tarticus's 9psi JRSC figures that made on his rollers.

Its all pretty :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wonder if it would work well with NOS? :twisted: :p

tp said:
Just got back from TDi North where the A3's have now been installed on Paul's 2.2 engine.

The car hasn't finished mapping yet on ignition to see what can really be made so its currently running with a "safe" base map but with cam angles sorted.

I won't divulge the figures as Paul will be posting the results soon but I would like to say its made a load more power than with the older N2 cams and its gone way past Tarticus's 9psi JRSC figures that made on his rollers.

Whats the cost in comparason to a S/C? Say...if you already have manifold, ecu etc etc and you were just after the engine bore, internals, cams & map.

What rpm does it make power upto before it starts to drop off?

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
tp said:

Whats the cost in comparason to a S/C? Say...if you already have manifold, ecu etc etc and you were just after the engine bore, internals, cams & map.

What rpm does it make power upto before it starts to drop off?

- Kevin.

Boosted is deffo best bang for your buck costing about £3K+VAT supplied and fitted/tuned. Stroker + Cams is about the £3500+VAT mark alone plus a big labour bill.

Thing you have to look at is what you are getting in the package. Its not just a bigger engine, it is also far stronger engine with uprated pistons, pins, rods etc.

It was making power upto 8800rpm. :twisted:

tp said:
Boosted is deffo best bang for your buck costing about £3K+VAT supplied and fitted/tuned. Stroker + Cams is about the £3500+VAT mark alone plus a big labour bill.

Thing you have to look at is what you are getting in the package. Its not just a bigger engine, it is also far stronger engine with uprated pistons, pins, rods etc.

It was making power upto 8800rpm. :twisted:

I suppose. You always have the option of removing a s/c too when it's sell time, I dont think there are may people that would buy a CTR with a 2.2 block and no pistons :D

- Kevin.

Back