• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Top Off the S2000

Nice one Karen!

The s2000 is such a thrill to drive open. I love it. Shame about the "summer" weather this year though.
Enjoy it!

How have you stored it?

Was thinking about getting one but didnt fancy paying Honda over £500 just for there stand:eek:

How have you stored it?

Was thinking about getting one but didnt fancy paying Honda over £500 just for there stand:eek:

I am sure someone on S2Ki fabricates these stands at a lesser price J. :cool:

Worth a request. :smt047

How have you stored it?

Buy one of these.
htbaglge.jpg

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/176

It keeps it off the floor and better protected too, also costs a lot less than a stand. :cool:

How have you stored it?

I've put the hardtop on a stand that came with the car. I assume it's a Honda one. It had been left at my dealer's and would not fit in the S2000. I hadn't wanted the stand off until I was able to park my S during the day in the work's underground car park - which I have now been doing since 1st August. The stand and hardtop are now in my garage. The stand wasn't quite what I expected but it does the job and both are out of the way safely.

I took the S for a drive to Jamaica Inn today through some very narrow Cornish roads (unintentionally) and really enjoyed the drive. Even when I took the wrong turning on the A30 and nearly ended up at St Austell and had to spend half an hour doing about 9mph back up the A30 to get to Bolventor where JI is situated.:roll: If I had realised some of the roads were so narrow, I would have stuck to main routes but we got through okay without any mishaps or meeting other cars at one car only points!!:eek:

I didn't have the softtop down because there has been a bit of rain today but the S looked absolutely gorgeous with the softtop.:)

Karen

I took advantage of the dry weather yesterday morning and evening, and tonight and drove the S with the softtop down. What a wonderful experience.:D :D :cool:

Karen

You took the hardtop off in August? Just in time for the 2 or 3 days of summer we've got left. You've noticed it's getting darker earlier haven't you? :)

When I had my S2000 the HT was off and on the stand in early March :)

You took the hardtop off in August? Just in time for the 2 or 3 days of summer we've got left. You've noticed it's getting darker earlier haven't you? :)

Same here, any sign of the temps getting past 10 degrees then the hardtop is off for the duration. :cool:

The hardtop got taken off in August because:

a) I only bought the S at the end of June;

b) I was parking the car during the day in a very big open car park and didn't feel comfortable with just the softtop on and it is the school holidays;

c) Since 1st August, the S has been parked in my work's underground carpark;

d) The stand for the hardtop was still at the local dealer's until last Thursday when the manager delivered it for me as it wouldn't fit in the S;

e) As I am a single weak woman, I do not have the capabilities of taking the hardtop off myself and the manager of my local honda branch offered to come out in his own time and help me take it off, which he did last Thursday;

f) The weather was rubbish after the hardtop was taken off until earlier this week;

g) I had the roof down on Tuesday morning and night, Wednesday night and this morning and tonight, so I am making the most of the dry, sunny weather now.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you bought yourself a baseball cap yet Karen ? Glad you are enjoying your car; i must admit i miss mine when the sun shines.

Geoff. :D

Back