• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tow hook colour?

What colour would suit a Milano Red DC5?

I was thinking orange/yellow, but not sure which companies do this, it has to comply with racing regs too :)

After reading your first sentence I thought "yellow", then upon reading your second I thought "Win" :lol: :lol:

Red would look good.

37985_457983697672_772547672_6106771_7242050_n.jpg

But as the pic suggests... sack that... paying £120 per hook haha!

Gonna look at cheaper alternatives that do it in orange/yellow, I don't think Password JDM do, closest is gold. Might look at Tegiwa

Yeah, there are loads available.

J's, Password JDM, Tegiwa, Datum, loads - it's what suits you.

Alternatively, you get one in your toolkit, that can be found in the boot - that's my powdercoated silver one, right there.

Buy any old one, and spray it yourself.

Rub it down, primer it, and spray it - loads of colour choices available for a DIY job, from say Halfords for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
fronttow.jpg

reartow.jpg

Orange on red, if its just for show or bling just get cheapest as possible, if you want it for track get a proper branded one as the cheapo's will bend as soon as you put any pressure on them.

Or just get a tow strap as they are cheap and do the same job.:cool:

What are the fittments for tow hooks? They look like a piece of steel, painted and bolted on to the chassis, no? I'm sure I could laser cut these in work!!

Just had a quick look online and why are these so fooking expensive? I could knock these out cheap enough if people wanted them ;) :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the J's rear one bolts onto the standard rear tow hook.

The front one bolts onto the chasis in 3 places, if you could copy these you could make a killing and also make the internal hoop diameter 60mm instead of 45mm so its ready for race series.

Are none at 60mm at all then? I'm prepping my car for track so all parts I get now need to be more or less msa/fia regulated... Though none of the branded ones e.g. J's state that, though it's used in Japan race series equivalent

im pretty sure you will never hear a question like this on a land rover forum.

a tow hook is for towing. end of.

paint it black to hide it, as they look stupid.

apologies for my honesty :lol:

its becoming a popular addition to ep3`s around here. although 99% will never see a track.

it looks to me like a bottle opener :lol: rather handy i thought :lol:

Back