• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tow Strap Fitting Guide (EP3)

Lottie

The Duchess
Tools/Equipment
19mm Socket
19mm Spanner

Front
TRS Tow Strap
Harness Stress plate with thread removed
M12 Bolt 35mm length
M12 Nylock Nut
Dremel or Stanley Knife

1.jpg

1. Place the stress plate with welded nut facing downwards on the OEM towing point

3.jpg

2. Place the Nylock Nut on top of the plate, the TRS strap under the OEM towing point and hold in place with the M12 Bolt.

4.jpg

5.jpg

3. Tighten

6.jpg

7.jpg

4. Use a Dremel or Stanley knife to cut a small slit in the bumper rubber strip
8.jpg

5. Pull the strap through to keep it from flapping when driving (if needed it can easily be pulled out).

9.jpg

10.jpg

Rear
TRS Tow Strap
Galvanised Steel 40mm x 40mm plate (4mm thick and central 13mm diameter hole)
M12 Bolt 35mm length
M12 Nylock Nut
Cable Tie

2.jpg

1. Place the plate on one side of the OEM towing point and the TRS Strap on the other.

2. Place the M12 Bolt through the plate, OEM Towing point, TRS Tow Strap and put the M12 Nut on.

11.jpg

12.jpg

3. Tighten.

4. Fold the TRS Strap in half and keep together with a cable tie.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

does the front tow strap stick out enough to be on any use? from the pictures it doesn't look like it clears the front of the bumper

does the front tow strap stick out enough to be on any use? from the pictures it doesn't look like it clears the front of the bumper

You arnt meant to use it in situ, if required it can be pulled out easily, although I think im going to get the adjustable one for the front so it does stick out a little more.

where did you get them from lottie? i'm looking at getting one for the front of my elise but would need a direct bolt in one like this LINK

where did you get them from lottie? i'm looking at getting one for the front of my elise but would need a direct bolt in one like this LINK

Demon Tweeks, just tried to get the page for you but it looks like they are doing maintenance.

Nice one Lottie. Just done a search for towing straps etc and came across this thread. Has helped big time :)

Did the harness stress plate come with the TRS strap is do I need to get that seperately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Lottie, you have cut the rubber on the front tow strap and this holds the strap in place. Is this to just keep it out of the way and if needed you pull it out of the slit in the bumper? I'm just thinking, rather than cutter the bumper, could you not cable tie it like the rear one and if you need to use it, just cut the cable tie?

Hey Lottie, you have cut the rubber on the front tow strap and this holds the strap in place. Is this to just keep it out of the way and if needed you pull it out of the slit in the bumper? I'm just thinking, rather than cutter the bumper, could you not cable tie it like the rear one and if you need to use it, just cut the cable tie?
It was purely done to make it accessible for the marshalls if required. I really need the longer one on the front though so it sticks further through but I don't want to just order 1 thing from Demon Tweeks with their expensive shipping charges.

It was purely done to make it accessible for the marshalls if required. I really need the longer one on the front though so it sticks further through but I don't want to just order 1 thing from Demon Tweeks with their expensive shipping charges.

Thank you. This is what I was wondering as if the marshalls tow the car with the strap still through the slit then I might as well buy one long one and one shorter one. If it was to just hold it in place then I would had bought two short ones. So i will now buy one long and one short. Thanks :)

Back