• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Towing an FK2

I thought I would post to see what solutions people are coming up with for towing an FK2. I am a regular track day driver and have managed to keep the car out of the kitty litter so far.

However if the worst was to happen and I need pulling out of the gravel or worse. The general rule is that if no towing eye is fitted they will hook onto anything they can.

There is as far as I can see, no towing eye facility on the front of the FK2. For a car that is track focused this is pretty silly.

There are 2 eyes quite a way underneath the car at the front. But hooking onto these will definitely cause front bumper damage when the straps get tight.

5bf54c306e8d136d02d5fd7a92555030.jpg

There is also an eye under a plastic removable tray on the rear. But most circuits will not tow you out backwards unless they have to.

Anyone solved this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised Tegiwa don't sell a big gay anodized tow hook for it yet. No problem with people using them on track, I just lol at them on road cars.

There is nowhere to mount one if they did. Short of cutting a hole in my bumper for a strap there doesn't seem to be a way.
What about a long fabric strap? Weave it in a roughly straight line and tuck it in a duct somewhere?

You'd love how we mounted the front one on Dave, took the front bumper off, bolted tow strap to the front chassis leg, drilled holes in the bumper and pulled it through :lol:

Back