• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Track ep3 type r brake pads

Hi
I have some Brembo drilled and grooved discs on my track car I need some more brake pads can anyone advise me what's best to use to keep stopping me but I don't want some what don't last long at all
Cheers

The ferodo pads mate. i don't use my car on the track but i use pagid pads they are ok and good value for the money, but ferodo pads are probably the best.

If it's purely track DS3000s. They need a bit of warming up, hence they are not good as every day road pad, but for track they are awesome.

Be careful with drilled discs as they are much more prone to cracking. I would advise just getting grooved next time.

If it is a road/ track car I would go with something like DS2500's but if it is purely used on track then the DS3000's as Loxy suggested would get my vote.

I'm hearing good things about Carbone Lorraine pads from various sources, some say a worthy challenger to the Ferrodos.

The CL Brakes (old name Carbone Lorraine) work better from cold than the Ferodo DS3000 but they are a pure race / trackday only pad. They come with undersized backing plates and no anti rattle shims. This means when cold they can rattle around, but as they get hot they expand without distorting in shape.
As they are sintered metal the brake dust needs to be properly washed off the bodywork and wheels as it will rust if left. They are also best used on either a plain disc or one with J hook grooves, nothing that goes to the edge of the disc as you only increase disc and pad wear.

As a race pad though the RC6 are unbelievably good though!

Kev

I used DS2500 pads on my Civic and DC5 with lots of track days and couldn't fault them. My pad of choice for a mixture of trackdays/road driving.

Thanks for all your replys ill have a look at both pads. I only just put the brembo drilled and groves discs on. As soon as they ware I will be changing them too. Its solely a track car I'm taking it off the road this month and I've bought a trailor
Thanks again

Back