• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Track Pads

If you are using the car for both road and track, it would be wise to get yourself some road pads and track pads, then swap out on the day as it's a 10 minute job. Also having two sets of wheels, one with road and one with track tyres on. All costs £££ though. Welcome to my world. :)

If you are using the car for both road and track, it would be wise to get yourself some road pads and track pads, then swap out on the day as it's a 10 minute job. Also having two sets of wheels, one with road and one with track tyres on. All costs £££ though. Welcome to my world. :)

Ain't it just!

Three sets of wheels and tyres for the dedicated track car :lol:

And to think Honda marketed both fks as a race car for the road, drive to the track do some laps and drive home I think they said at the beginning

And to think Honda marketed both fks as a race car for the road, drive to the track do some laps and drive home I think they said at the beginning
Probably something like a car show maybe? Rather than a full day open pitlane.

The fk8’s at rockingham were lapping all day without fail. (Surprisingly)

Of course there is always room for improvement with brakes .. but then fitting more “racey” pads only invites people to moan about the squealing they make.

Most only use as a commuter or weekend toy.. so there has to be a fine balance. That being said. You could take a stock fk2 or 8 to a track day and it would be ok.

I found that standard pads are good for a few laps then disappear completely. I have run the Project Mu HC800 front and rear on both my FK2 and FK8 at full days of Spa, The Green Hell and Brands Hatch and they performed well. Not tried the RS29 yet but have heard good things. I'm happy with the Project Mu's and they are at a good price point compared to RS29. The Pagids would have to be MUCH better to warrant the extra cost. Plus I do 800 miles a month so they need to be good on the daily commute. PM's tick all the boxes.

Pretty impressed with the Project mu pads for road driving. Seems there is minimal real world cold stopping performance defecit for significant overall benefit in warm stopping power. Seem slightly grabby and less progressive than the std Honda pads but all in all very happy

Last edited by a moderator:
Subject of brakes I have 70% left on discs and pads after a year and 9k miles. That's ok in my book...I think!

Also just got my tax through and it's a nice £77 for 6 months which was a suprise as I was used to double that in the old focus...was 14 years old mind you and powered by coal.

Just a brief update on the project MU - I've not done any track days yet but on the road the stopping power is great. I mentioned it before and can confirm they have less feel than the standard pad, but that's to be expected.

The one thing that isn't great is they produce significantly more brake dust which is significantly more difficult to remove than the standard pads

Overall happy for the moment

Back