• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Track Set-up

Hi guys.
i was wondering what set-ups you use when it comes to the track.
What brakes are you running ??.
what suspention and handling set-ups ??.
tyres and dry / wet set-ups.

I am just asking as i was at olton park on saturday in the pouring rain
and the car was awfull. I have a FRSU and springs. i have stripped the car
so theres no weight in the back and its really stiff. the oversteer was awful
and i couldnt keep it on track. thankfully i didnt end up in the barriers.

It would be good to hear from you guys about your set-ups
and advice on handling.
thanks
gareth

ive got some yoko's on the front and potenzas on the rears.
i did think this would be a factor but it was really undriveable.
so i think it was part of the problem and not the hole problem.
i am goning to get the Ad08's as soon as i can now ***.
are these ok in the wet too ?.

Mis-matched tyres on a stripped out car in the wet, I can see the problem here.

wow i really wouldnt have expected it to of had such an impact as it did.
i would be interested to hear what other people are doing with there
suspention/ handling / bracing. was thinking about getting some coilovers.
thanks for your reply's chris

As Chris said definitely get the tyres sorted, I would also recommend tuition on a trackday rather than spending loads on modifications first, you will be surprised the difference it makes.

Yokos are quite soft, with pots the other end of the scale so it doesn't surprise me it was oversteering.

As said, Tuition is your friend.

thanks for the replys guys. After my first off on saturday. i booked some time with an instructor. he was pushing me and
said i went off yet again. he said the car was unbalanced and that it would keep on happening even at low speed. I will get the tyres sorted definitely. would polybushing all round help ?

No, making it stiffer won't help an unstable car, getting decent track tyres such as AD08 will help though.

I'd get some decent tyres and get your geo looked at also, that sounds like the issue to me personally.

It it's wet then the softer the suspension the better as it makes it more compliant. It's deffo a tyre issue you have, as said above, pots and yokos are different ends of scales and car does not like it. Stick with same tyres all round. Also , check tyre pressures as well.

It'll be a tyre, geometry, weight distribution and driver issue. Look at all of those before throwing huge amounts of money at suspension and track tyres.

The two fronts on my EP3 are getting pretty worn but the rears are fine. Should I change all 4? Seems a waste to bin two good rear tyres.

Yes but normally you stick the new ones on the rear as to try and prevent the back end from coming round on you.
Unless of course you want the tail wagging.

Would be intrested to know if anyone gets a lot of understeer with there set-up. or is it really common to get the back end looser in the Ep3. Would it be worth rebuilding in inside to add more weight, but its really backtracking. Anyone out there that have also striped there EP3 and not finding the back end too light or stiff.
Thanks for the replys all, very helpfull.

Back