• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Transmission Fluid

Danger200

rung up my local stealership to see how much a full service was and what was included in it and the woman on the phone said about a transmission fluid change...i thought transmission fluid was in automatics?
as they wouldnt need to change the gearbox oil as its sealed up and they very rarely have to change this unless you was having work done on it.

is it her or me being stupid?

A quick search will reveal that yout gearbox oil needs changing now and again. Granted it's not as often as engine oil, but it does need changing. You'll probably find your gearbox a lot smoother once you've changed it.

To answer you next question (which I'm in no doubt you'll be itching to ask), the best stuff is the Honda MFT oil from the dealership.

oh right, i thought that once its in, it stays in.

hopefully it will make it smoother, but i have a horrible feeling my pressure plate is on its way out

cheers for the recommendation, i will tell them to use it when i book her in :)

oh right, i thought that once its in, it stays in.

hopefully it will make it smoother, but i have a horrible feeling my pressure plate is on its way out

cheers for the recommendation, i will tell them to use it when i book her in :)

They will use MTF whether you ask them to or not.

Oh will they, fair enough then :lol: I suppose I am paying them like £300 for the service, better make it a good service

Back