• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

Ahh well they are not the ones I was talking about but okay ... Haha ... Tried soaking them in wd40 ? Might help a bit !

I shall try that tomorrow... a whole can.. before I have to saw the last one off... it's almost completely squished from my pliers and spanner job xD

Yeah cutting it off would get the job done !! Or sometimes if it's rounded you can get away with hammering a socket that's slightly too small over it ... It works every now and again !

I just wrote an essay and then my net crashed on me.. grr

Never noticed that arnie video before that hahaha!

ok back to my confusing essay that took long enough to type out the first time..

OK, so after an hour of trying to get out that bolt.. and a lot of hammering, and shouting.. a guy passing by in a van decided to come save me from jumping up and down and crying...

After about 30mins drilling... breaking his drill and pliers... it eventually came off - YAY! *happy dance* - so on went the other lights (both sides as I got pre facelift ones) ok so I don't like them... I prefer the ones that were on... these will do for now.. I guess *sigh* one break light out though, as it broke. and the facelift lights don't fit in the pre facelift side.. blah! That's a Saturday job that is...

OK so I've managed to get a mate that can swap my tyres/alloys all around YAY! So he has just this minute taken away 4 alloys (2 white alloys, both with a tyre on them... and 1 grey alloy with a bigger tyre on it and 1 grey alloy with no tyre on).. so he's going to take the tyres off the white ones, the tyre off the grey one... and put my tyres on the grey alloys.. Make sense?! I'm still confused about my plan but my logic makes sense, somehow... I will get them back tomorrow night and he'll stick my grey alloys on the back with my previous tyres on them...

Went to Halfords today to get the sanding stuff and primer/painter and such... was going to come to £60ish... decided instead of doing a terrible job and not being 100% perfect for a fair amount.. I should probably spend a bit more and get them powder coated?!

Also I sourced a back panel for £50.. my mate who just picked up my alloys is a welder.. he says he can stick it on for me no bother *big happy smiles* that would be cheaper than paying a repair shop to get the dent out.. no?! better idea?! thoughts on this guys :)

anyways I took some photos of my alloy that I bust up in my whoooopsie last Wednesday...

Trixi :)

With damage to the alloy like that, I suspect you will have suspension damage. Possible lower arm, I would get a geo done ASAP if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick update...
Had another mechanic have a look and said my car is still safe and fine.. which is good, no damage to suspension that they can see.

Went for a quote yesterday for getting my dent out... started with £400 for dent out and sprayed and blended. Ended up with a quote for a whole respray (my choice of colour), all my little dings out (small ones from people hitting my door with theirs) and alloy refurb (with my choice of colour) for a grand total of £1500... my overdraft isn't liking the price too much at the moment so looking at a few other quotes in the next week or so for just my dent...

Good news that its safe! Been needing to get my car blasted all over so thanks for the unofficial quote lol!! :wink:

Good news that its safe! Been needing to get my car blasted all over so thanks for the unofficial quote lol!! :wink:

haha well.. that's for dents and alloys.. so prob looking at £1000? although when I was there a guy phoned them, I heard championship white and thought civic.. he quoted him £1500 just for a paint job.. cheeky... try bargaining and also asked if its cheaper for cash payments.. its 20% extra if I pay by card :(

I will ge quotes elsewhere though as I have no idea if that's even good or not :p

Yea I'm in the dark with it all too. Think I'm going to do the same and get a few quotes and see who is decent with a good price. Let me know how you get on with the quotes :smt023 I need her to be perfect and shine again :(

where abouts are you based? I haven't a clue about any of this so looking for lots of advice from mates :D and you lovely guys here :)
i'll defo keep you up to date with my findings... I have found that a lot of people are actually against full resprays on ep3s with my googling and searching forums... apparently a good detailing would be better than resprays and they look worse in the long run and not worth the money :/ will delve into this more later tonight I think... I did find a really good detailers in central Scotland I might pay a visit to, maybe get some bits touched up and it properly detailed instead :/ options options options...
Trixi

A £1000 paint job won't last. You need to spend twice that for a good paint job, more if you're changing colour. It will also, ironically, make the car worth less in the long run.

Get the dent fixed, detail it yourself, enjoy the car. You've hardly driven it yet.

A £1000 paint job won't last. You need to spend twice that for a good paint job, more if you're changing colour. It will also, ironically, make the car worth less in the long run.

Get the dent fixed, detail it yourself, enjoy the car. You've hardly driven it yet.

basically what I've been hearing ^_^ appreciate it :)
I have had a chance to sleep on it and have been leaning more to that conclusion that the idea of a new paint job, although it sounds good in theory... from what I've heard and been told its not good in the long run... and don't want to go wasting that kind of money either..
would less than £400 be what im looking at for dent sorted and resprayed blended? wasn't planning on going with the guys I spoke to anyways as they weren't 100% loving of my car... quite offended and they are a bit dickish to be offending someone who may be possibly spending 1.5k at their bodyshop :/
I just want my dent out so bad right now, im getting hasty :p

Trixi

I'm all the way down in the southeast of England. I'm really confused on what to do now, you have anymore luck? I know its crazy but I'm willing to pay for a good spray job, £1500-£2000 but wouldn't want to waste money it if a good detailer could do the same for less. I now have paint peeling off the right corner of my splitter :(

Ahh Southest of Scotland here :p
You're confused.. I'm more confused.. I got quoted £400 just to sort out one dent in my car.. just keep thinking £1100 for them all out and resprayed..
then I thought about a good detailer, but their prices are about £1000 for a full on pro job... not much between a new spray and a detailer :p
I have flaking on my bonnet which KILLS me inside :(
I know it can be a waste of money when you come to sell the car... but I don't want to sell it! not in the next few years at least, unless it died on me or something... I really don't want to waste money either, and want to spend as low as I can for the best job for my car... but I want her pretty :(

Back