• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

ok so update again....

I got another quote for dents out & resprayed black £700.. or £200 for my dent. I am currently deciding on doing the respray or just the dent.

I also finally managed to find someone who could do my headlights, so yesterday we went to a scrappies in Edinburgh and managed to get bits of loom for the wiring. After an hour later of figuring it out, and buying a new bulb... my facelift headlights are back on my car :) YAY! super happy, my car looks better again!

Had someone look over it and tell me it's fine, so that's 3 different garages to tell me it's all good :)

Since I've lost the love on my car a bit - she is FILTHY! so I shall clean her up and take some new photos of her with her sexy lights on!

I have also just ordered new window wipers for her :D

Great to read that you're keeping the car and fix it.

But please, search for a GOOD place where you will get it done. Too many cars start rusting after fixing some damage or a respray due to poor work (preparation mostly).

Better pay a couple of pounds more with a good and lasting result than a quick and hasty job.

Just my 2 €-cents :D

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Repair what needs repaired, drive it, enjoy it. Remember: It's just a Honda.

If you want an immaculate car then fix this one and sell it on, hope you break even. Then buy a clean one. It's really not worth spending large amounts of money on a damaged 10 year old Honda. Figure out exactly what you want from the car, then decide on a plan before you throw money at it.

I've wasted terrifying amounts of money on cars that didn't deserve it.

I have decided against a full respray for just now, will get the dent fixed though for £200 (possibly less if my mate asks for a wee discount for me)

I also needed a new radiator which is now in. I went through a car wash (laziness) and then all of a sudden my car start overheating big time. The heaters in the car wouldn't blow hot air, then after about 20mins it would blow hot air the temp would go down then it would go back to freezing again and the temp would rise. Kept filling the radiator back up to find that it was ****ing it back out a hole.
Managed to get a new one for £40 and managed to fit it.
So that's now sorted :D

Cleaned her yesterday and gave her a polish for the first time in ages. Fell in love all over again. She was FILTHY!

Decided to go for a random drive and ended up away getting lost for 2 hours in the countryside. Was great, never enjoyed a random drive so much. It was of course also a little photo-shoot opportunity ;)

this is my favourite photo, unedited but just perfect :D

Random country drives are always the best, hope you where working them gears to keep her in the vtec and making the most of her handling in the courners?

When will the bad luck end??

I have no idea :(

Another update, last night I decided rather than having 3 different sets of budget tyres on my poor car, and having zero grip on the road (not good for this type of car ;) ) I ordered a new set of Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 tyres :D

I will be driving down to Kent (from where I am, near Edinburgh) and will get a good run on my new tyres :D and my first good jaunt in my car :) can't wait.. I leave on Monday... 392 miles! woot! hopefully they come by then and my window wipers should be here by then too :D eeee!

Oooooh YAY! approval... :D

I must have spent and hour or more trawling the forums looking at reviews then looking on blackcircles for reviews... i changed my mind from some semi cheap ones, to thinking not a good idea, to toyo proxes t1 and then finally thought, meh! for an extra £6 a tyre i could have f1 asymmetrical 2's :D £300 for 4 :) can't wait.. now to find somewhere to fit them for me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, good choice. That's what I have on mine and they're superb.

I hope your journey goes better than my recent drive back from Kent did! 17.5 hours is the time you have to beat ](*,)

17.5hrs... that is FOREVER!! I remember visiting down there once in my clio a few months back. (my mum was down there looking at houses at the time, has now moved there) Got stuck at Dartford crossing for about 2.5hrs.. it was ridonkulous :p

Really looking forward to being able to push the car a bit more now with some decent tyres :D

Yep, FOREVER. We flew down early, picked up the new car in Kent at 11am, then stopped in Milton Keynes because it was dinner time by then. The M1 then closed and the diversion had roadworks on it, it was dark by the time we got to Northampton. First 10 hours I owned the car we averaged 11mph. Oh, and my mate doesn't drive, and it was a 29 year old Honda 1.3 auto.....

I would definitely recommend doing the drive at night if it's possible.

The tyres will be a big improvement.

£300 for them is good, I was looking at £600 everywhere down here. Sounds like a great road trip!! I need to sort one again, miss the road trip days :( If you get stuck at Dartford Crossing again let me know and I will give you a wave! I live in spitting distance from the bloody thing.

Yep, FOREVER. We flew down early, picked up the new car in Kent at 11am, then stopped in Milton Keynes because it was dinner time by then. The M1 then closed and the diversion had roadworks on it, it was dark by the time we got to Northampton. First 10 hours I owned the car we averaged 11mph. Oh, and my mate doesn't drive, and it was a 29 year old Honda 1.3 auto.....

I would definitely recommend doing the drive at night if it's possible.

The tyres will be a big improvement.

When i visited mates down in Nottingham i had the motorway close 3 times on me ended up getting lost, always a nightmare when i go driving any distance.. I will probably do the drive at night, I much prefer it :) Still can't get over 17.5hrs for one way... I could get to Holyhead and back in that space of time (and have done :p on previous road trips)

£300 for them is good, I was looking at £600 everywhere down here. Sounds like a great road trip!! I need to sort one again, miss the road trip days :( If you get stuck at Dartford Crossing again let me know and I will give you a wave! I live in spitting distance from the bloody thing.

I bought them online and having them delivered (free) so you should check them out.. http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/ seemed to be the cheapest place to buy any tyres I looked at. You can also arrange to get them delivered to a garage and it tells you their rough price for getting them fitted as well... I didn't bother, I'm sure I can find someone to do it for me...
I used to always be away on a road trip, used to visit Ireland a fair bit last year in my Clio but my Honda has yet to have a trip except from Huddersfield to Scotland when I picked her up ^_^
If I happen to get stuck I shall give a shout and we can have coffee while I wait for 10hours to drive a whole car length ahead :p

You and me! be happy when they finish these toll booths things

Thanks, the prices on that site are really good. Will get my next set from them once I've burnt through the current ones. :lol:
Same here I used to go on random road trips all the time but now all my friends have bought sensible cars and are boring. The furthest I've taken mine is Silverstone which is a really pants drive... :smt107
Yea sure, if you get stuck give me a shout and I will run down a survival pack to you haha!!

Same here Rambo. Completely gridlocks all the roads around me, hopefully it will help it.

By the way as you can see I don't know how to do the quote thing you guys do haha!

Thanks, the prices on that site are really good. Will get my next set from them once I've burnt through the current ones. :lol:
Same here I used to go on random road trips all the time but now all my friends have bought sensible cars and are boring. The furthest I've taken mine is Silverstone which is a really pants drive... :smt107
Yea sure, if you get stuck give me a shout and I will run down a survival pack to you haha!!

Yeah it took about 20minutes till i found a good site with cheap prices... despatched the next day too, hoping to have them by Friday/Saturday... i have a tracking number too so overall they seem REALLY good :D
Yeah i miss road trips but everyone has gotten boring here too... too far, not enough petrol, I'm working... shocking excuses ^_^ I've never really driven down England much if I'm honest. Huddersfield to pick up the car, Peterborough for modified nationals, and Nottingham to visit friends (and Holyhead for a ferry)... maybe find some nice drives while I'm down there :D
Survival pack should include but not limited to, cans of coke, crisps, chocolate and a bacon roll ;)

By the way as you can see I don't know how to do the quote thing you guys do haha!

See under their message you have, reply, reply with quote... just click reply without quote... copy the HTML code (the writing) and paste it in a new message... then under it write your own ;)
I'm a bit of a technical geek rather than mechanical ;)

Back