• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

Hopefully you'll have better luck with this one and can just enjoy driving it. The plate looks pretty sweet aswell. I'm in the middle of thinking about selling my ep3 but then I have a drive of it and remember why I love it so much so I just don't know what to do at the moment.

Well now had a day to get to know my car... (boy was I nervous driving home in the dark on a country road I didn't know in a car I previously had an accident in) but today I've taken her a spin on roads I do know in the daylight AND.... she's amazing...!
Compared to my shed of a car before she was sent from the angels themselves haha...

She has nothing to complain about what so ever... not a mark on the door handles or console to, not a stone chip or kurbing on the alloys... I mean she is a mint car...

Sort of makes me nervous how clean she is, her previous owner was OCD and had her 4 years.. and I'm sooo thankful I picked this car even though I'm expecting her to stop working.. gotta be a bad point somewhere :/

Now I'm waiting for my plate to come... no idea about private plates.. it's my first one. know they send you smethign so you can get them made and such?!

She needs new window wipers, they are smearing - so after buying a pain of the Aeroblades back in September, I think she deserves a pair too :p (fault number one)
Also her gear knob is worn so deciding if I should get her polished up (fault two)
apart from that she is sound and I'm wondering what I should do first to her....

AEM V2 will be put on hopefully tomorrow and I will get her cleaned (it rained today) and photos will be up ASAP....

I'm soooo in love right now <3 (Kirby - don't sell it you'll regret it, I see so many people saying they wish they never sold theirs then have hassle buying a decent one)

Trixi

I'm glad you've got a really nice one now and can finally enjoy it. I've got a private plate on mine and what I did was I got some plates made up from a company on eBay and then when they sent me the paperwork to say the plate was all sorted I just fitted them straight on so I didnt have to wait or go and buy a set from a shop. I had an ep3 a couple of years ago and got rid of it and then regretted it and 2 years later here I am with another civic. I just want something faster now and other than supercharge the ep3 I'm not gonna get it much quicker without spending big ££££££ x

how do you actually go about putting on plates, I was told you get letter of confirmation but then you need to send stuff away?! Paperwork and V5 or something (which I obviously don't have as of yet as its only been sent away Tuesday, as picked up Monday night)

Hating the new tax malarkey... went to tax my car, from the 1st of January.. uhm NO! I'm not paying for January tax and February in the same week... is it naughty :p

I'm just trying to decide on square or normal plates too... need to google some images and see... (being overly fussy right :p )

Kirby - get something faster, just keep the ep3 too :p even if you off road her... now I finally have a decent one... she's for keeps <3

Congrats on the new ride Trixibell, she sounds mint, looking forward to the pics.

For your plates you will have to wait for your V5, fill in the paperwork which comes with your proof of ownership of the plates and send it off with your V5. Mine took about 2 weeks but you'll be that busy cleaning and polishing and deciding what to do with your new ride, the time will fly by.

Dont forget to tell your insurance company, insurance wont increase with a private plate but you will have admin charges :evil: wish I got paid £30 to delete 7 caracters on a computer and type 7 new ones in grrrr lol.

Enjoy

I was thinking of doing the Euro tour this year but going to give it a miss till next i think.

New car looks great, hopefully some better luck :)

Dont forget to tell your insurance company, insurance wont increase with a private plate but you will have admin charges :evil: wish I got paid £30 to delete 7 caracters on a computer and type 7 new ones in grrrr lol.

Yeah I know, I actually don't mind the £30, because.... When I went to change over my insurance to this one (it was on hold) I was due back a refund of £30... go figure... so they can keep their refund and change my plate :p

Washing and polishing sounds good... I'm desperate to get some photos and check out my shine, but it rained yesterday and now it's snowing lightly... grrrr

Thanks for the walk through with the plates... So that'll take forever :( it's such an awesome plate I want it now :p

I was thinking of doing the Euro tour this year but going to give it a miss till next i think.

Yeah Rambo, I've decided against this year, what with the whole process of getting this one and such I'm going to try and put some money aside for doing her up a bit and such. Defo next year for me!

Just bought my tickets for Modified Nationals this year (was my first car show last year and loved it) and attempting to organise a stand for Scottish Car Show with some mates which is a nightmare :(

On a positive note....

I've committed to a colour scheme, it took a whopping, 2 hours of thought a idea searching on google and forums... I now have a blue battery tie coming, Tegiwa Socks (black), and washers in blue.
Not much, but I never bothered before.. so I'm all excited.. also very impatient :p

Just got quoted £30-40 for powder coating my rocker cover as well from a place in Edinburgh :/ only place I could find on google, but they said 2-3 days before I get it back :O

Trix

Just got quoted £30-40 for powder coating my rocker cover as well from a place in Edinburgh :/ only place I could find on google, but they said 2-3 days before I get it back :O

Trix

I'm doing the same this year Trix, I asked the question on my build thread and found out spooner restorations on here will powder coat a rocker cover to your colour specification send you it, then you do the swap and send your old one back to them, bit more expensive (about £75 I think) but you will have the job done in a few hours and back on the road.

Looking at their thread they do lots of colours and finishes, worth a look.

Ben

I'm doing the same this year Trix, I asked the question on my build thread and found out spooner restorations on here will powder coat a rocker cover to your colour specification send you it, then you do the swap and send your old one back to them, bit more expensive (about £75 I think) but you will have the job done in a few hours and back on the road.

OOoooo! plus Edinburgh is like 50 miles away anyways so... petrol there and back twice... probably just as well doing that! Thank yooou! Now I shall sit and stare at pretty rocker covers all day and change my mind twenty times before telling myself NEXT month :p and repeating the process again xD

I'm thinking Champ white, with my blue bits and pieces... not entirely 100% on that though.. off to go have a look at your Annie thread :p

Trix

**UPDATE**

My DVLA Certificate of Entitlement for my reg came today... how quick is that! Can't send it off till the vehicle is taxed (and I try to do it and it tried to tax it from the 1st of January... uhm NO) You can send it off without the V5 as long as you complete a part with some numbers on your new keeper slip... which is kind of cool. Also says send it in with.. valid MOT as well... can't they check all that themselves instead of me sending 100million pieces of paper :(

Boooo!

So it was sunny today, for a whole ten minutes once I decided I was going to wash my car.

Stage one... Get snow off car....

Stage two... Clean, dry, do tyres and wax (when your hose is frozen and refuses to work *sigh*

Stage three... Take pretty pictures to finally show off my new car

My tegiwa socks came today so they of course got put on

here's my AEM V2 that got put on a few nights ago

I also received Tegiwa Washer and screws today... awaiting my battery tie still to arrive... over all though, productive day :)

Trixi

Seems a shame to move it with all the slush and salt on the roads. Will be filthy in no time
Car looks sweet though. Just sort out the engine bay lol.

Seems a shame to move it with all the slush and salt on the roads. Will be filthy in no time
Car looks sweet though. Just sort out the engine bay lol.

She is not being moved haha, she shall sit and look pretty for a day or two :p

engine bay is a lot cleaner than my last in which I kept looking at it and thinking how on earth..... and shutting the bonnet again :p

Engine bay is next up, my DCs were soaked through and I swear my toes had turned blue haha.. I have washers and a battery tie still to put on...
and a powdercoated rocker cover is next :p

apart from that - I'm lost at what else :/

Trix

Looking SHINEY Trix, putting mine to shame. Before you put your new bits under the bonnet put some old clothes on, get a squirty bottle of gunk, tube of auto sol, lots of rags and an old tooth brush... then clean and scrub that engine bay lol. Be careful around any electrics and be prepared to look like a coal miner.

Good effort, though I bet it's dirty again already.... Funking NHB...

Bring it up to mine on Saturday, we're having a pre-mot-holy-****-we'd-better-put-it-back-together-day. It will be like F&F Weegie Edition. Ken? But. Like.

All joking (at the expense of my birth-kin) aside, come along and have the banter.

I like your front H badge,, any ideas where its from

I said to the guy I loved it - was already on you see... He said he bought it because he refused to pay the price of a new H badge because they were £60 or something?! Tried looking for you on google but no idea... I could always send him a text and find out where if you want me to?! :p

Looking SHINEY Trix, putting mine to shame. Before you put your new bits under the bonnet put some old clothes on, get a squirty bottle of gunk, tube of auto sol, lots of rags and an old tooth brush... then clean and scrub that engine bay lol. Be careful around any electrics and be prepared to look like a coal miner.

It's so shiny.... I fell in love :p
Well I didn't need old clothes for the tegiwa socks :p and unfortunately it's really cold, I'm the... shorts kind of cleaning girl because then I get dirty and not my jeans ^_^ then I can just shower and my legs are as good as new haha... no shorts atm freeeezing...
Also whats a squirty bottle of gunk? I'm all for this cleaning the engine bay business I'm just worried i'll fuc..mess something up haha

Good effort, though I bet it's dirty again already.... Funking NHB...

Bring it up to mine on Saturday, we're having a pre-mot-holy-****-we'd-better-put-it-back-together-day. It will be like F&F Weegie Edition. Ken? But. Like.

All joking (at the expense of my birth-kin) aside, come along and have the banter.

I haven't moved her YET, I need to today though so all the slush is sitting there, waiting... :'( worth it for those few minutes of blue flecks hahaha
owh no weagies... haha... send me some info via PM :) I've yet to meet any lot from here so - might as well now I don't have a shed hahaha

looking good, fair play for washing car in snow!

Well it snowed, then rained, then snowed some more.... I woke up.. snow all over her, but it was sunny... :p it needed to be done I couldn't wait any longer.. it had a very faint snow fall during washing but ah well... worth it..

Back