• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

It's so shiny.... I fell in love :p
Well I didn't need old clothes for the tegiwa socks :p and unfortunately it's really cold, I'm the... shorts kind of cleaning girl because then I get dirty and not my jeans ^_^ then I can just shower and my legs are as good as new haha... no shorts atm freeeezing...
Also whats a squirty bottle of gunk? I'm all for this cleaning the engine bay business I'm just worried i'll fuc..mess something up haha

Gunk is an engine cleaning product.... as old as the hills lol my dad used to use it on his hot hatches when I was a kid. The squirty bottles are easy, just squirt on the bit your cleaning, rub it in with a brush then rinse away, just be carefull of any sourrounding electrics when you rinse off. Sometimes I wrap any plugs etc in cling film, keeps the water out.

Halfords link for you:

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/en...cleaner-degreaser/gunk-ultra-degreaser#/#tab1

Give it all a spray of WD-40 after to disperse any water.

Just do little bits at a time rather than the whole engine bay if your worried about messing something up.

Ben

Gunk is an engine cleaning product.... as old as the hills lol my dad used to use it on his hot hatches when I was a kid. The squirty bottles are easy, just squirt on the bit your cleaning, rub it in with a brush then rinse away, just be carefull of any sourrounding electrics when you rinse off. Sometimes I wrap any plugs etc in cling film, keeps the water out.

Halfords link for you:

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/en...cleaner-degreaser/gunk-ultra-degreaser#/#tab1

Give it all a spray of WD-40 after to disperse any water.

Just do little bits at a time rather than the whole engine bay if your worried about messing something up.

Ben

Owh it's actually CALLED gunk haha... I just thought it was a generic word like thingy... xD

That's super helpful thanks, I will defo make a start on this... not today.. today is.. I must clean the house day :( I would rather do my engine bay but I think I may have ran out of socks hahaha...

I actually bought a denture brush, bigger than a tooth brush and stiffer.. with a tiny bit to get into hard to reach places.. best thing I've bought... use it on my alloys ^_^ will invest in one for the engine bay...
Think I need special car cleaning boxes... I keep getting my cloths muddled up so go buy new ones haha... I swear I own more cleaning products for my car than for myself now :lol:

What do you rinse it with? like a squooshy bottle with water in it or something?

I do have a few saved links of engine bay cleans but never had the guts to do it yet...

Also this sounds like the stupidest question but has anyone fitted these Tegiwa Washer kits for the engine bay before? Do you just pop the plastic ones off and then stick those ones on...?!

Trix

Yeah water, I use a hose pipe on low flow but a bottle will work too lol. If you run your engine while you rinse then the heat will dry it off quicker too. Definatly a spring job once the roads are clean again.

The tegiwa washer kits are to go under engine bay bolts, mine where cheap ebay ones that came with stainless 6mm hex bolts, Used mine to replace headlight bolts, reservoir bolt etc...

Ben

A hose in my engine just makes me sooo nervous hahaha... I had to take her out today and she got splattered with slushy muddy water :(

See I got washers and bolts, but not the nut... I've seen these be put at the front on top (where the radiator cap is) that's my plans... I haven't actually had a look, I'm guessing there are bolts and nut under the plastic poppers? or will I have to go buy some from homebase when I get around to it? Before I start destroying her hahaha...

Trix

A hose in my engine just makes me sooo nervous hahaha... I had to take her out today and she got splattered with slushy muddy water :(

See I got washers and bolts, but not the nut... I've seen these be put at the front on top (where the radiator cap is) that's my plans... I haven't actually had a look, I'm guessing there are bolts and nut under the plastic poppers? or will I have to go buy some from homebase when I get around to it? Before I start destroying her hahaha...

Trix

Ahh, I see where your coming from. You'll be ok, they are tapped holes (threaded holes). Just do one at a time.

I managed to figure out where I want my washers, I have to get a 10mm drill and drill holes that size, then get 10mm nuts and hey presto... should be done in a day or two.. and I will upload photos :)

Sooooo... like 5 minutes ago the postman came....

I only ordered these yesterday :p

are they legal? I read and re-read DVLA plate regulations... 3D text IS allowed, as is emblems on the LEFT... but they look too awesome to be legal... please don't pop my bubble here :p but are they...
awaiting DVLA to send out confirming I can put them on my car then I'm good to go :p

Getting a drill tonight to put my washers on... ordered a few more things.. I really need to stay away from my pc hehe

Modified Nationals ticket will be booked this week also...

Happpppppy

Trix :)

you will get away with them. Although I don't think the Honda Type R side is legal. But you will be fine

any news on your plate transfer? did you just send of the certificate for the new plate with mot and sign the part on your new owners slip, or did you have to wait for the V5 to come back in your name to send it off?

cars looking mint! spoke to you on facebook a week or so ago as i was gonna get K20 YAY with my new ep3 haha!

Yeah I agree with Rambo, All the bobbies really pick up on is letter sizing, spacing and the Legal Details which is your BS code on the bottom, all is good. Put plenty of sticky pads on them.

you will get away with them. Although I don't think the Honda Type R side is legal. But you will be fine

You just made my day :p They did ghosted backgrounds but I know that's a no no - even though it looked awesome (H badge) - my mate is complaining because he got pulled for having 3D effect... I now have printed off DVLA saying what is and is not allowed just in case it's needed :p

Ahh Hey :D yeah I remember speaking to you... I sent off the form they sent, along with my green new owner slip (My V5 still hadn't arrived so I gave up) you go into post office to get a V62 (? I think) which is you basically filling in a form to ask for a V5 or to prove you have the car (asks for VIN and such) and MOT test cert, has to be taxed and bla bla hassle and effort...! Still haven't heard back yet but I ordered my plates online yesterday in the hope it would take a few days then I'd only have to wait a few more till I heard back.. instead they sent them and I received them within 24hrs xD go figure...

Photos tonight I hope of my blue washers on... Tegiwa only sent me one packet of washers but one will do for now I guess...

Currently staring at some climair deflectors in my basket... :p

Yeah I agree with Rambo, All the bobbies really pick up on is letter sizing, spacing and the Legal Details which is your BS code on the bottom, all is good. Put plenty of sticky pads on them.

Ahh yay! feeling much happier.... I only found out about the BS code on a forum when spending ages googling to make sure... had to type it in myself... saw on the forum they did theirs really faint so it's not noticeable but technically STILL THERE :p so mine is in grey :)
Lots of sticky tape either that or thought about one of those plate thingys from Tegiwa?

Trix

Just saw this on DVLA and almost cried :'(

"However, this could take up to four weeks if you sent us a V62, or if we need to
inspect the vehicle."

If it takes 4 weeks I will go MADDDDD!!

A, now depressed, Trix

Delivery came today....

perfect colour blue

now where to put them :)

Trix

Last edited by a moderator:
Top job by Mook as always ;)

He did a fantastic job, and the perfect blue I wanted :smt023

So after a lot of faffing about, turns out not everything you hear is true huh! No drill needed as I was told by several other CTR people (not in here ofc) but in fact smaller nuts than what I had bought and been told to use :lol:
Lesson learnt is... stop being so paranoid I'm going to destroy my car by doing something so small and silly xD get on with it and figure it out myself :lol:

So today I went away out myself with a few minor tools and did it all by myself - YAY!!
My hand almost broke from squeezing it attempting to hold a nut in place and I got filthy but totally worth it...
Dropped a nut behind my rad though :'( really bothering me, and couldn't reach the four in the middle.. my hand just wasn't working in such small spaces...

But my car now looks pretty (excuse the filth haha a clean is needed once the slush and snow is gone for good)

Trix

squeezing it attempting to hold a nut in place and I got filthy

Lolz

mr-bean.jpg

Back