• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

True or False? 2005 Edition Civic Type-R with 220 BHP

True or False? 2005 Edition Civic Type-R with 220 BHP standard

Today I was informed at my local Alan Day Honda dealership that the last production 2005 edition of the Civic Type-R is the so called Japanese Spec which has a BHP of 220 + all the obvious cosmetic extras instead of the English Spec i.e. before 2005 that has the standard 197 BHP. Is this true or false?

Personally I think its false going by the info stated in the tech specs of the site.

bollocks.jpg

Deffo not true. i have one of the last "special" editions and it's deffo not 220bhp ! - only cosmetic changes for the last edition, ie recaro seats , red carpet and tinted rear glass, nothing more.

nosman said:
Deffo not true. i have one of the last "special" editions and it's deffo not 220bhp ! - only cosmetic changes for the last edition, ie recaro seats , red carpet and tinted rear glass, nothing more.

and type r stamped onto the brake caliper :)

Lottie said:
nosman said:

And mono steering wheel :p

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
Lottie said:
nosman said:

- Kevin.

and tray under the passenger seat. :wink:

MUXY said:
moNoKnoT said:
Lottie said:
nosman said:

- Kevin.

and more importantly... Champ White! :smt076

(Never fails to upset me... I might respray my car!)

MUXY said:
moNoKnoT said:
Lottie said:
nosman said:

- Kevin.

I never realised that! Must look first thing tomorrow when I get back from Manchester!

passenger seat under-tray

K19NE G said:
MUXY said:
moNoKnoT said:
Lottie said:
nosman said:

- Kevin.

I never realised that! Must look first thing tomorrow when I get back from Manchester!

Right I'm confused now... should my UK spec Premier CTR have a tray under the passenger seat? I ask because mine doesn't! :roll:

Ultim8_Evil said:
There should be a tray and a pen there somewhere. Have another look.

Just looked... definitely nothing... you are talking about the Recaro seats aren't you? If so I'll ask my dealer when he's sorting out the creaky top mounts/steering rack... :lol:

Back