• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

nice build so far buddy....i really like the spoon i did fancy one myself but just too loud for me...

Thanks mate. To be fair it's not ridiculous but on a long journey it might drive me mad. Might upset the neighbours a bit in the mornings too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I like how it looks with the spoon. You did a good job with the restoration, looks like a new backbox! ;)
If you have any spare time, make a video of the sound now :)

Hi Matey, just thought id come and have a browse on your thread, Love what you have done, I see you went for the prem recaros, they are a lovely touch arnt they, and the candy red rocker cover looks really nice, i think that is what i will change mine to

The N1 has come up pretty well! I should take mine off to clean really as it looks terrible currently!

I know how loud they are too, horrible in the track car on the cool-down lap as it drones....even worse with no rear interior haha!

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, I do actually really like the look now so I plan on keeping it for a while.

Got another Spoon part....

Only a N1 bung :smt015

The 6am cold starts were my reason for getting it, plus the girlfriend said it sounded like a 20 year old boy racer's car haha :chav:

It definitely makes a noticeable difference with the noise level and is much more tolerable for daily use. I've kept the spanner in the glovebox so it can easily be removed when I fancy a good hoon :twisted: I'll get a video up with and without the bung for comparison. Also, I read somewhere that you can damage the head gasket when hitting VTEC with the bung in. I've emailed Spoon as I'd rather hear it direct from them but not had a response as yet!

I wanted to tidy up the calipers and decided to buy some Premier's, just for the 'Type R' really. Probably should have just bought a Premier in the first place #-o. As with pretty much everything I buy they have definitely seen better days (budget build problems).

I'm going to refurb them myself so have ordered everything needed for a complete rebuild of both the carriers and calipers. Obviously I'll be painting the rears to match but I will only be refurbing the slider pins on the rear carriers as the calipers are both pretty new anyway.

Got all the refurb parts from BrakeParts.co.uk, very reasonably priced and had no issues with the front discs bought from there previously.

I spent a lot of time removing all the old paint and grime from the calipers as they were worse than I thought but it's all about preparation and I think it paid off in the end. Used the same Anodised Red as on the Rocker Cover & Rear Lower Tie Bar, pretty happy with the results.

A few shots of before & after on the fronts.

The rears were much easier, just a little clean up and they were ready for paint.

It took a long time bleeding all four corners as there was a lot of air present but I had a nice big 5 ltr bottle of Pagid Dot 4 fluid to use for this and then once I was happy there was no more air in the system I then flushed it through again using 2 ltrs of Motul RBF 600 fluid. The brakes feel great so all seems to have gone well, I will be taking it easy and keeping a close eye on them for the next week or so before any spirited driving!

Very nicely done! :D My paint job on the calipers is "can they see this bit?" :) When I next need to do a rebuild I'll probably do similar.

Very nicely done! :D My paint job on the calipers is "can they see this bit?" :) When I next need to do a rebuild I'll probably do similar.
Haha thanks Mike. I always like to buy used parts so that I can do a proper job. That way I can take my time (I need a lot ) and still keep her on the road.
Great progress being made dude, glad to see the Prem seats went in well!

I'll be keeping an eye on your thread :)
Thanks mate - yeah the seats are great, well looked after .

Any mods for the Accord yet?

Thanks mate - yeah the seats are great, well looked after .

Any mods for the Accord yet?

Yeah dude it's coming on well thanks! Sorted a few aesthetic mods and springs, also kept the wheels and tyres from the EP so it's a bit different :) might start a thread on here but it's not going to go too far.

All the best with yours dude

Back